PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 02:56 AM

GameSpy Bolsters Unreal Package
Posted by XanTium | 15-8-2007 21:56 EST

From next-gen.biz:

A new deal between Epic Games and GameSpy will facilitate cross-platform gameplay between PC and PlayStation 3 users.

IGN's GameSpy signed a licensing agreement with Unreal Engine 3 creator Epic Games that will incorporate GameSpy's online multiplayer technology with the popular game engine.

The partnership affects PC and PS3 games, and will enable the possibility for cross-platform gameplay between the two platforms. Other features such as communication tools, competition apps, matchmaking, stat tools, community features, leaderboards and future feature sets.

Full Story: next-gen.biz

#2 skx

skx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

smile.gif great news. I like the idea of cross-playing. So now I am not in the need for upgrading my old PC this year. Thats great. I can go to a LAN-Session with my PS3.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hmm Maybe Sony are taking notice of what people want and pushing developers to achieve something after all. If they asked/paid/backhanded for this or not it is a good idea.

Edited by Chancer, 16 August 2007 - 04:43 PM.

#4 jwin767

jwin767

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Computers, technology, gadgets, cars and my 360
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

this only goes in sonys favor and guess what? no fee's still (im not dissing XBL, i play cross platform shadow run and use Halo 2 pc) even with this feature sounds promising

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users