• 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

this app was pulled from NKPatcher to enable that feature for modchip users
so far evox M8 and IND-5003 Bios's are fully working

all the tables are configured for Xecuter 4981 and 5035
but these 2 refuse to boot the game, they show in the dash as a game loaded
and you can see the ISO contents in D:\ using FTP or a file browser, so it's almost there
so if anyone has any ideas of why the Xecuter bios's refuse to work
let me know..

the advantage's of using ISO's from the HDD are titles that have long file names
and other reasons that prevent them from working normally from the HDD
not to mention that it's 1 big file and FTP speed is a lot faster and no waisted slack space

1 the ISO-patcher.xbe can be chained (set it as your boot dash and config it's path to your dash)
it will set a byte in the kernel and check that byte to know if it was previously patched
this prevents it from trying to repatch and crashing

2 the new attach.xbe (xboxhdd\games\test_game\default.xbe) must be used
it was patched the hard way (hex edit)
to add LDP \device\cdrom0;default.xbe then HalReturnToFirmware(2)
this enabled the IND-5003 bios to work
use a xbe renamer to change to the ISO title's name

everything was tested using BFM bios's and a 1.0 xbox
who knows the Xecuter bios's may actually work

check sig for files to try it

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

Finally! This is great, I'll try it soon. Does the (forget what it's called) 'createISO' softmod tool work as well? chained ISOs? (Split ISOs if more than 4gb..)

Too bad I like my X3 bios..I'll flash M8 on there too I guess.

#3 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

Interesting...

I originally thought of creating a kernel patcher for hacked BIOSes when I was first developing my VGA patchers, but I couldn't really get it working, so I ended up making an actual BIOS file patcher instead.

But, i'm glad to see that someone on this scene is still interested in improving the BIOSes available for the original XBOX. I myself have actually lost almost all interest in the system just because of some recent life changes (divorce...) but i'm always glad to see others working to improve the original XBOX. happy.gif

#4 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

Does the (forget what it's called) 'createISO' softmod tool work as well
Yes but it will create a iso much larger then needed Quix, Craxtion work just fine
there was only 1 game that need that tool work.. (Race driver 3)

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

anyone tried this ?
don't understand how to use it ?

also would like to see if I can make a X3 BFM bios or X3 bios patcher, but will need
someones help that uses a X3 chip and bios
(all thats needed is to burn a disk with a special default.xbe and cold boot it and FTP the file it's creates)
PM if you can help...

#6 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

Okay, I know it's not 'soon' like I said, but I was going to try this. One thing I don't understand. The patcher will patch the kernel, and then?? You said it would chain, but what does it load after, or how can I specify what it will load?

Will it just load default.xbe in the same directory as itself?

Edited by Movax, 11 January 2008 - 03:17 PM.

#7 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:16 AM

the easiest way to use is to put the default.xbe in a apps folder (IE: F:\apps\patcher\default.xbe)
run it from any dash then it will return to the dash when patched with the LED red

the game iso need to be in a folder with the the special attache xbe (default.xbe) from the test_game folder
IE F:\games\game_ABC\game_ABC.iso
and
F:\games\game_ABC\default.xbe (use xberenamer to title it)

if you want to chain it
then edit xboxapp.asm
uncoment %define BOOT_TO_DASH
and set the path in the next line to the boot dash
point your bios to boot the default.xbe or rename it

any other ? just ask..

also this will work with NKpatcher without the virtual CDRom enabled to give you this function
without recompiling and risking messing up...

#8 HiTMaN-239

HiTMaN-239

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:09 AM

I am resurrecting a old thread here....... anyone get this to actuall work with a flashed IND-BIOS 5003? I am having trouble getting it to work.

Cheers.

#9 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

Try sending a PM to xman954

#10 HiTMaN-239

HiTMaN-239

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Mar 16 2010, 09:40 AM) View Post

Try sending a PM to xman954

I did, he says he used a BFM IND 5003....... I will try it with a different dash. and then I will try it with a BFM BIOS. Will post here with results.

Edited by HiTMaN-239, 17 March 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#11 rocky5

rocky5

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(HiTMaN-239 @ Mar 17 2010, 08:23 AM) View Post

I did, he says he used a BFM IND 5003....... I will try it with a different dash. and then I will try it with a BFM BIOS. Will post here with results.

How did you get on? as i found out you could do this yesterday lol i miss this option from softmods.

I has the same problem as this guy I have a Tsop flashed with IND_Bios_5003 but the LEDS don't change to red when i run the kernel patcher nor does the loader work just crashes the xbox (if run without kernel patcher it just restarts the dashboard)

Update if you use the original NKPatcher Attach.xbe it mounts the ISO but doesn't execute it you have to do that manually (via file-manager or launch disc).

OK another update this hex string is the cause of the crash (in the new attach.xbe)
CODE
E984000000

if you replace it with the original string
CODE
6A02A10410
it will not crash the xbox so not sure what this does if its just a bit of code to jump to a point in the file to execute the xbe ?

Edited by rocky5, 13 June 2010 - 12:53 PM.

#12 f_d_m

f_d_m

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

I just want to say that this is awesome and works wonders. I have a 1.0 tsop with m8 plus bios. Was having to run retail bios(upgraded from launch to 4034) instead of modded for the lack of the virtual cd feature. Now I have the near perfect game compatibility I had with my softmod, a kernel version I am pleased with, and now even some games that wouldn't load before with old retail bios+softmod work perfectly(ex. Pro Skater 4). This was also very easy to modify to have it load my dash after execution. Anyway, thank you very much for this.

#13 JLsoft

JLsoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

I'd like to thank f_d_m for talking about this elsewhere and convincing me to attempt again to get it to work.

It seems my problem was that I was using the ind-bios beta that's named internally '5004'...and the kernel patcher wouldn't work with it.

I flashed my tsop with 5003 and now it's working fine (and I don't seem to be running into the black+white poweroff problem I've had before with 5003 blink.gif

...now if only someone could add the attaching/detaching of .ISOs into xbmc4xbox somehow biggrin.gif

#14 HiTMaN-239

HiTMaN-239

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE(JLsoft @ Aug 28 2011, 09:39 PM) View Post

I'd like to thank f_d_m for talking about this elsewhere and convincing me to attempt again to get it to work.

It seems my problem was that I was using the ind-bios beta that's named internally '5004'...and the kernel patcher wouldn't work with it.
I flashed my tsop with 5003 and now it's working fine (and I don't seem to be running into the black+white poweroff problem I've had before with 5003 blink.gif
...now if only someone could add the attaching/detaching of .ISOs into xbmc4xbox somehow biggrin.gif

I am glad this thread is still active, lol. I want to give this another shot. Any one with a link to the files so I try this again? how did you guys get it going with IND BIOS 5003, maybe a brief step by step. My xbox1 knowledge is rusty.

Thanks.

#15 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

I have this chaining and it works well. I have to do some testing, but I assume the .ISO will stay attached through an IGR, so I will have to run the detacher.xbe to use a real disk. I think it would work smoother, and seem transparent to the end user if the patcher could detach any current .ISO before continuing to the dash.

I'm going to try to add the detaching functionality to the patcher, or chain the detacher as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users