Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

It's in the link in xman's sig.. but it's here too: http://www.mediafire...w45cavj4cu7w3ct

#32 FrankMorris

FrankMorris

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Thanks!

The link in the xman's sig wasn't working..

EDIT: Now it works

Edited by FrankMorris, 20 January 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#33 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

For the sake of accuracy and completeness:

The attach.xbe file used to mount the .iso actually mounts the .iso file(s) (using the new system call that was patched into the kernel) then quick reboots the system ->the bios will boot whatever is first on the list in it's configuration. This is normally default.xbe on the DVD so it seems like the attach app is mounting and executing the .iso. In my previous posts in this thread I said it unmounts the .iso on a IGR, but this is only true because I had my bios set to 'more compatible' which is more like a power cycle. If it is set to 'quick' the .iso is still attached through a IGR.

The only downside of this setup is using trainers: As it is you would have to setup your system to not boot default.xbe on the DVD so after the quick IGR you could use a trainer on the virtual DVD and launch the game.
It would be nice if the trainer support in XBMC could be modified to handle looking at the default.xbe/ISO and recognizing the setup and checking for a default.xbe in the .iso itself to match up with trainers. (I might look into this...someday..)

Edited by Movax, 04 March 2012 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users