X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

Ok. This news has NOT been released yet, so I kinda got the inside scoop here. I've had the BIOSHOCK LE reserved since it was in Gamestop/EB's computers, regardless of the fact I already have it, I want to pick up the LE and sell the regular off.

ALL OF THE RIGHT ARMS ON THE FIGURINES ARE BROKEN. EVERY LAST ONE. When you pick up the box, you can hear the arm bouncing around in there. I'm not exaggerating when I say EVERY LAST ONE IS BROKEN. ALL OF THEM. EVERY ONE. sad.gif

I called my manager friend today to check on the LE and he broke the news to me.

"dude, all of the arms are broken. you can hear it rattling around in there. i called my DM and asked for some replacements and he said, that in fact, every last one is defective. every one."

"what?! when you say, 'every one', do you mean every one they made."

"thats the word on the street."

What a massive fuckup on 2k's part (or their manufacturer). I for one, am bummed about this news. As most know, getting ahold of the collectors editions can be a bitch sometimes. I wonder how this will be handled.

I'm calling a few more stores to confirm, if anyone else can followup, call some stores and see what they say.

ADD: yep, its not an isolated incident by any means. I would say at LEAST 75% are totally broken off, cracked, or on their way. Obviously a manu-screw up. I called my store and had them check each one. "oh my god" was a repeated statement. I said, gimme one thats not rattling around in there, thats mine. sad.gif!! I HIGHLY SUGGEST IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE LE, CALL YOUR STORE AND SOLIDIFY YOUR ORDER WITH A CONFIRMED NON-BROKEN AND/OR RATTLING ONE.

Edited by jimjom, 17 August 2007 - 07:48 PM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 17 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

W....T....F.... sad.gif

UPDATE: I just called my Gamestop and they said that while they had a good number of broken ones they were mostly ok.

They also said that the case has a plastic window on it where you can see the figurine. They didn't open any of them but they visually inspected all of them and any that were broken or looked like they were on there way to being broken were set aside and will not be sold. He also said that they had enough good ones to cover their pre-orders so it shouldn't be a problem for me biggrin.gif

He explained all this to me as soon as I told him I had a BioShock pre-order and before I could even get the question out laugh.gif I guess he's got a few few calls about it already.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 17 August 2007 - 08:20 PM.

#3 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

Im just going to email gameplay about my pre-order right now.

edit: It's been removed from their site so they must be doing something about it.

2nd edit: I spoke to someone via live help and it seems they are either ignorant to the problem or they are just ignoring it, they told me it had been removed due to pre-orders being fulfiled.

John Mac: Hi how can i help
Grim: Hi im lookin for details on the faulty bioshock special edition
Grim: i noticed it was removed from the site
John Mac: This has only been removed due to all of our pre-orders have been fulfilled. If you have already preordered it will be safe.
Grim: yes i have pre-ordered, however have all the pre-orders been fuifilled with confirmed non-faulty ones?
John Mac: Not sure i have not heard anything.
Grim: Oh i see. well it has been more or less confirmed that 75% of the figures that come with it have a faulty right arm, it is broken off and rattling around inside the box. I am an avid collector and would hate to have a faulty item.
Grim: but i understand if you do not know any details. Thank you for your help.
John Mac: No problem - bye

Edited by grim_d, 18 August 2007 - 02:45 PM.

#4 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

i thought this post was going to be about the figures being produced in china and having a nice lead paint coating! oh well.. a little super glue and who would be able to notice anyways?

#5 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:11 AM

mmmm leady big daddy.

#6 Syc

Syc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

Just picked up my LE this morning and looks like the arms fine haven't opened it yet though. Thought I would post a link to this site in case anyones is broken biggrin.gif. http://www.2kgames.c...ioshock/busted/. So if you have a broken one they send you a box and an art book to look at while you wait for your big daddy!

#7 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(Syc @ Aug 21 2007, 03:58 PM) View Post

Just picked up my LE this morning and looks like the arms fine haven't opened it yet though. Thought I would post a link to this site in case anyones is broken biggrin.gif. http://www.2kgames.c...ioshock/busted/. So if you have a broken one they send you a box and an art book to look at while you wait for your big daddy!

Wonder how many people will break their's to get the artbook??? I myself have an intact one at the moment... but he's unboxed... haven't even taken the game out... I really don't want the arm to fall off... who knows what the wait time will be.

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

GAH! I get out of work in 5 minutes then I can go pick up my reserve!

#9 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

Mines seems to be well intact... I've gotten a few messages asking how BioShock was and I'd reply back it's great but the Big Daddys are some though SOBs and send them a pic attached to the message of my figurine next to a Bud Light bottle... laugh.gif

Actually I dropped him once and the arm is still there... wish there was a way I could get the artbook but I'm not gonna break my big daddy just to get it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as I have... biggrin.gif

#10 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:09 PM

Just in case everyone's been too busy playing... 2K Games has posted the Artbook PDFs on their site...

Link

#11 iLLNESS

iLLNESS

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, my gf, movies, drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

hmm u guys seem pretty big on LE stuff

but for it to be a collector.. doesnt it need to be sealed? smile.gif

i mean theres no written rule or anything, but, when its opened its only worht as much as the regular copy ohmy.gif

#12 Syc

Syc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Aug 22 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

i mean theres no written rule or anything, but, when its opened its only worht as much as the regular copy ohmy.gif

Depends on if you mean monetary value or sentimental value biggrin.gif.

#13 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • 10,465 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Aug 22 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

sealed copies are definitly worth more but opened LEs are still worth a whole lot more than the normal copy

if you're looking at a pristine LE that has been opened vs a non LE that's got a cracked case scratched disc missing manual and the insert's got a soda stain you can't possibly tell me those are woth the same amount

... maybe they are to you but to other collectors one is still worth quite a bit more than the other.

I got my copy... the big daddy is in good condition and I was happy that the store handed me the box and said "look it over to make sure you're happy with the condition before you take it home" blink.gif I think I know where I'll be getting my LEs from now on.

Two Worlds was pushed back until friday, at least at that store so I'll have to wait.... I haven't had any time to play Bioshock yet though, just admire it on the shelf... I'm running out of room. Once I get two worlds in I'll have to post another picture to the "post a picture of your game collection" thread.

I also managed to pick up a USED copy of the amazingly hard to find Transformers "Cybertron Edition"... apparently it was only available to people who pre-ordered the transformers game (how many do you think actually did that)... I guess they estimate only about 2000 copies of the CE having been made. biggrin.gif

The slip cover is a little bent up on one of the edges but I paid $40 as opposed to the $60 it would have been new... most of the used ones were actually going for $80-$90 (and even more for sealed copies) thank god for Auction Sniper Bid Groups muhaha.gif

#14 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

mine hasnt arrived yet, it was supposed to come on wednesday.

man i'm getting so sick of these grump ass postal workers striking all the time. First class doesnt seem to mean anything these days.

#15 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

Here Here Twisted... beerchug.gif

I always get the LE of a game that I buy... and because of this I've been labeled "the collector" by my friends online... biggrin.gif (I was disappointed by my LE of Rainbow 6 Vegas though)

I really wish the US LE had the tin case like they released in Europe... but oh well....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users