boundedseven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

Software: iPrep v0.02 with iXtreme 1.2C
Motherboard: GA-K8N Pro with nforce 4 chipset
Drive: TS-H943 A ms25 (never flashed)

Problem: Get an error saying drive not found when I flash with book disk (USB). Drive defaults to IDE Channel Master 2 or 3 which is why drive might not be found. I think it needs to be on IDE channel 0 or 1. Please help

Thanks

Edited by boundedseven, 18 August 2007 - 09:52 PM.

#2 bL33d

bL33d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

When u created the boot disk and had i prep look up ur sata information did u do it under scsi or ide? if under ide make sure u scroll through till u find ur sata adapter.

For me since mine was found under ide it would not work correclty so i ordered the sata pci card.

#3 -PK-

-PK-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:10 PM

Iprep will always rename the device you chose as XTREME Pri Master. If the ms25 label says hardware ver: 4.x-5.x you will probably need a via card with ms28 method (the latest ms25's have ms28's firmguard). Otherwise, you can try disconnecting all unneeded devices (cdrom/dvdrom and hard drives, etc).

#4 boundedseven

boundedseven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(bL33d @ Aug 19 2007, 06:10 PM) View Post

When u created the boot disk and had i prep look up ur sata information did u do it under scsi or ide? if under ide make sure u scroll through till u find ur sata adapter.

For me since mine was found under ide it would not work correclty so i ordered the sata pci card.

I changed the adapter to 'nforce4 sata controller' and iprep showed the device id. When an IDE or SCSI controller is selected, iprep says 'not compatible'

The drive is detected correctly in the BIOS but somehow idump <serial> says drive not found.

#5 PriesT282

PriesT282

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

I also have an nForce4 onboard chipset on my Asus A8n-e.
nForce4 has real problems with mtkflash its very hard to get it working.
I did manage to get it working by using diff combinations and flashed the drive with bad firmware! (Didnt put in my drives cd-key on the modded firmware)
Luckily I have a backup of the original firmware but, like yourself, i cant connect to the drive again
So today i ordered this
http://www.shinyhard...ct.asp?pid=1264
Its a tenner and its the reccomended PCI Sata card thats compatible to flash both 360 Samsung/Hitachi drives
I'm waiting anxiously for this to arrive so I can repair my drive
I suggest yo get one of those cards mate, nForce4 is a pain in the ass, btw there is a way of fixing it but you have to have the right BIOS (I dont) what BIOS is your mobo? Is there anything that says SATA spread spectrum on it? if there is set it to down spread, that has worked for alot of ppl..good luck..

#6 boundedseven

boundedseven

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

I finally made it work and the fix was simple. Diffierent fixes work for different ppl so it might not work for you.

1. Uninstall any NVIDIA IDE Drivers and delete the driver directory made by the NVIDIA installation package e.g. c:\nvidia\.......
2. Reboot PC
3. Install the latest version of NVIDIA IDE Driver and reboot
4. Run iPrep/Xtreme Bootmaker boot disk.
5. Happy flashing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users