3 replies to this topic

#1 peanutismint

peanutismint

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

I'm modding my console as soon as my X360 USB kit arrives; it has a Hitachi drive and was manufactured in August 2005. Can I assume, therefore, that it is one of the very first models of Xbox 360?

Anyhow, I'm trying to get my head around the whole 'firmware upgrade' process. It seems a lot more complex than modding my old Xbox! Is there only a certain firmware which will work with my drive/console? Or can I use any one? And if so, which one is best? Do some offer 'stealth' capabilities, or am I likely to be banned from XBL however I mod my console?

Apologies if this all sounds very obvious; I HAVE read many forum posts and tutorials, but they mostly seem geared towards people who know a little about what they're doing, unlike me! smile.gif

#2 booger8364

booger8364

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:20 AM

smile.gif Read this first. Then ask more question. The firmware you need is the iXtreme.

Edited by booger8364, 19 August 2007 - 04:29 AM.

#3 LIVE Prophet

LIVE Prophet

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:23 AM

Always check the pinned topics if you are unsure whether or not you are asking legit questions. I mean, to me, it doesn't really matter because I think the whole point of the newbie forums is for questions exactly like that. Last time I looked there is an entire step by step guide on flashing firmware in the pinned topics tho.

#4 peanutismint

peanutismint

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(booger8364 @ Aug 19 2007, 04:56 AM) View Post

smile.gif Read this first. Then ask more question. The firmware you need is the iXtreme.

Oh...Are you sure it's the iXtreme? because I read another page here on Xbox-Scene which suggested the Commodore4Eva firmware was the best to use for Hitatchi drives?

I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY

biggrin.gif

I feel retarded now. Yeah okay, hah hah, the iXtreme firmware IS the Commodore4Eva firmware.

Sorry guys! biggrin.gif In my defense, it's late here in the UK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users