• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roybhandari

roybhandari

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:14 AM

OK, so I got my new 360 - and without doing any research I went and bought a spindle of 25 DVD-R DL only to come back and read that the 360 won't read -R, and that it only works with +R - is this true? Has anyone burned successfully on -R DL? I've been trying to research this for the last couple hours - and still don't have a 100% answer (although i'm leaning towards -R won't work).

Can someone please confirm? I already opened the pack and won't be able to return them so I wanna make sure I can't use them before I go out and buy a +R

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:42 AM

Even if you opening the pack you can probably exchange at the store you bought it at...

It HAS to be DVD +R DL.

And Verbatim is recomended since some drives are picky... and they are the only ones that really make quality DVD+R DL... none of the manufacturers have really figured it out and discs don't work or have a much shorter life (months instead of years)

Edited by Havok, 20 August 2007 - 05:44 AM.

#3 pieman145

pieman145

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

that is true, verbatim or mr.dvd, they last the longest- and most of theirs work,the rest of the CHEAP companies: if u buy a 10 pack,only 2 will work ... if ur lucky sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users