leathert

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:19 AM

I'm at my wits end. I have a Samsung M25 that I flashed with mtkflash/Bootmaker, which said it flashed sucessfully. However when I put it back in the 360, it came up with an error code 66. Sooo, I put the drive back on the PC thinking I'd just revert to the .orig FW, no go. No matter what I've tried, I cant read from the drive, get it to show up in windows, etc. These are some of the things I've tried...

Put my VIA 6421 card into ANY of my 3 XP machines, same result, cant read the drive.
Used SAMREAD.BAT on every machine, same result, hangs right after selecting the XTREME SATA port.
Tried the Activate DL DVD ISO to get the drive into 0800 mode, same results.

Any ideas folks?

If the drive is truely bricked, is there any mod chip which does not depend on a good flash on the drive itself?

Thanks!

#2 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

No More Newbie Posts /No More Non Technical, moved

maybe try the 10 sec trick, since you have a 6421 see How To Flash/Update To Latest iXtreme firmware: Tutorial, iPrep or Xtreme Boot maker / Via card method.

also the E66 maight just be the drive id in the firmware, the same link will tell you how to change it with method 2 . If it is currently ms28 in the hacked fw, change it to ms 25.
-soso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users