• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe3334567

Joe3334567

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

hey I'm having problems... we did the X-Clamp mod a week ago. now it lasted for 2 1/2 days working perfectly until then I started getting color errors... like everything went either blue or red in a game and at the dashboard.

my xbox is out of warranty so there's no chance of sending it in. we have tried tightening the screws on the clamp and then loosening too since that didn't work... now we get no video sad.gif

any ideas plz??? biggrin.gif

#2 the soul poet

the soul poet

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

Which method did you use? Check your thermal paste. I suggest removing everything and starting over.

#3 FinnHits

FinnHits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:45 AM

The same happened to me. Had the 3 leds, opened the box and found I had the protective foil on my GPU thermal paste. Removed the old paste and replaced it with "some white heat sink paste". Managed to get the box started: green lights, the starting sound, even managed to start the game ("blindfolded"), but black screen=no video. Getting some Arctic Silver today and will re-try. I have no X-clamp mod (yet), maybe I should do the 3/12 penny mod first?

#4 FinnHits

FinnHits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE(FinnHits @ Aug 21 2007, 09:21 AM) View Post

The same happened to me. Had the 3 leds, opened the box and found I had the protective foil on my GPU thermal paste. Removed the old paste and replaced it with "some white heat sink paste". Managed to get the box started: green lights, the starting sound, even managed to start the game ("blindfolded"), but black screen=no video. Getting some Arctic Silver today and will re-try. I have no X-clamp mod (yet), maybe I should do the 3/12 penny mod first?

StupidStupidStupid me!

I had the AV cable accidentally switched into "HD" while I was using normal TV/Scart ohmy.gif
Anyways, did the Arctic Silver + 2 penny mod. Works fine now with picture and all (when the switch is in the right position) smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users