• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joy83

joy83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

So my 360 is modded with the latest ixtreme 1.2c and has a samsung m28 drive and after my backed up my madden 08, i decided to burn the image with my dl dvd burner (not Pioneer). My burner is Samsung SH-182M and I burned the image with Imgburn, now I wanted to change the booktype to DVD-ROM so I went to tools>change booktype and did that and it says success, but in the Imgburn main window on the right it still says the booktype DVD+R DL. I also changed the layer break. So I took the chance and burned it keeping my fingers crossed, but everything seems to work fine as of now. So do i need to worry about it anymore? I mean for backing up other games? or will I get screwed sometime in the future.

BTW I changed the booktype in Nero and it seems to change instantly unlike Imgburn, but I didn't use Nero because I couldn't change the layer break with it.

So what do you guys think?

#2 churchwin88

churchwin88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:40 AM

I have the samsung sh-182d have always done my games in dvd-rom did one with dvd+r dl to see if it would work...have had no problems. dont know about all games though maybe its easier to read if its dvd-rom like a safe bet just in case. and yes nero works just fine when you change the booktype.

#3 joy83

joy83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(churchwin88 @ Aug 20 2007, 08:16 PM) View Post

I have the samsung sh-182d have always done my games in dvd-rom did one with dvd+r dl to see if it would work...have had no problems. dont know about all games though maybe its easier to read if its dvd-rom like a safe bet just in case. and yes nero works just fine when you change the booktype.

Thanks, I was thinking of using Nero but it seems like lot of people dislike it to burn 360 games, and how do u adjust the layerbreak in Nero? like putting in 1913760, where do i put it in Nero?

#4 churchwin88

churchwin88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:18 AM

im not sure i just used it for the first time last night. i know the .dvd already had the layer break set to equal 1913760. so figured it would be good to go. ive played about an hour into the game no problems dont know how it will affect it later on...if imgburn or clonecd works id stick with it. im stickin with imgburn but just wanted to check nero out.

edit: forgot to mention checked some settings in nero shows the layer break at 3.98gb for a blank dvd+r dl all i could really find. not sure how exactly that figures out if it equals 1913760.

Edited by churchwin88, 21 August 2007 - 01:22 AM.

#5 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:19 AM

Bitsetting is no longer required. Thats why it works without.

#6 joy83

joy83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(Havok @ Aug 20 2007, 10:55 PM) View Post

Bitsetting is no longer required. Thats why it works without.

Is it because of the new 1.2c firmware?

#7 scuba156

scuba156

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

i believe the bitsetting was not needed since the Xtreme 5.x firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users