penguin318

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

wow just got this played it and deleted it, i'll take THPS1 over this pile of crap, nice one EA

#2 savagepoop

savagepoop

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

damn retard this demo is amazing!!! tony hawks has sucked since number 3
9 years of tony hakws crap! and we finnally get a realistic skating game
this game is amazing. any real skater will no that

#3 ReZTeR

ReZTeR

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

Yeah I agree, I fucking love this game it's sooo realistic and free were as TH is very restricting and just fucking ridiculously stupid in parts. I can't wait for this game to be released, it's going to be awesome. I love the physics on it and how you can virtually do anything you want, way to go EA!

#4 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:03 AM

I think it blows Tony Hawk away.

#5 Druggedpolak

Druggedpolak

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

I hated the controls and thought it was horrible with the view / trick button combinations. I've always liked the tony hawk series though. I'm going to have another go later on wink.gif

#6 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:27 AM

Savage is right. Pro Skater started crapping it up after second one. I remember i'd play THPS2 forever on my little PSone. I think i've played maybe 4 hours worth of ALL of the sequels all added up together. This game was definitely an adjustment from the usual A button for ollie, but its a welcomed adjustment. It feels almost as close to skating as you can be without actually doing it.. AND the camera angles are just as stupid in the THPS series. Ever play American Wasteland? Overall, once you guys get over the initial shock of something different, you'll think its sweet.. I'm pretty sure that the developers of the THPS will attempt to emulate the controls a little bit. I think this is the one game EA did something good with.

Edited by makaveli91, 27 August 2007 - 04:30 AM.

#7 Drafter

Drafter

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

I also thought this demo was good, and will probably buy the game when it comes out.

and its true, once you get over the initial shock of it not being a "Tony Hawk" game, its pretty fun.

I still go for the "Y" button for grinds, and "A" for my ollies every now and then, and it can get pretty frustrating to try and land a trick you really want to pull off. Ive played the demo about 6 times now, and 3 of those times was trying to pull off ONE sick grind.

I honestly cant wait to get this game and skate with a few people online.

Only problems i noticed that i didnt like from the game were, FIRST the Camera is a little beserk somtimes, i wish it were steadier or somthing.. somtimes its hard to see the ramp, or stairs your about to bust a trick off when your approaching it. Makes it a little bit hard to line up somtimes.. and SECOND, is anyone else having trouble getting going in the bowls? and half pipe type areas? ive figured you have to push your "body stick" forward, just before you go up, but it is difficult at the least.

#8 Drafter

Drafter

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

oh, forgot to mention, not being able to get off the board and walk up stairs and things like that may be a bit of a problem when your trying to nail certain areas.. having to skate all the way around, and back up to the spot you start your trick at can be teedious.

#9 makaveli91

makaveli91

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(Drafter @ Aug 27 2007, 06:35 AM) View Post

I still go for the "Y" button for grinds, and "A" for my ollies every now and then, and it can get pretty frustrating to try and land a trick you really want to pull off. Ive played the demo about 6 times now, and 3 of those times was trying to pull off ONE sick grind.

That just goes to show that the game is more realistic than THPS.. When i first started skating, i wanted to just do a boardslide off of the edge of a garden near my towns beach. I couldn't hit it right away. It takes time, and thats the sweet part of the game. I think it'll be the skaters that tend to appreciate the work that it will take to master tricks where the gamers that haven't skated will want to have the availability that came with the THPS series.. A to ollie and X to do a trick.

#10 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Drafter @ Aug 28 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post

oh, forgot to mention, not being able to get off the board and walk up stairs and things like that may be a bit of a problem when your trying to nail certain areas.. having to skate all the way around, and back up to the spot you start your trick at can be teedious.

remember in thps1 you couldnt even MANUAL.

I love this demo and im eagerly awaiting the full game, the motion capturing for tricks is perfect and it all looks so real, using the stick for tricks is so much more satisfying than mashing a button.

Pulling off things like hardflips, 360 flips and impossible seems to be tricky, but i'd image with the control list in front of me i'll get to grips with it.

A few things i didnt like are the camera angle, but i'll get used to that, landing in normal manual is verging on impossible but landing in nose manual is piss easy. The grey corners mimiking a camera are really annoying too.

#11 Sick Wit itt

Sick Wit itt

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 6 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

i think it owns THPS by far just im not really into skating games id rather just skate.

#12 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:27 PM

I love this demo!

I want to get the game so badly, but I'm so broke! lol

I wish it would let me hippy flip though.. like how the guy does it at the end of the demo video.

I'd also like to do some more flatland tricks.. like casper slides or some rodney mullen jank.

I also wish I could dark slide!!

#13 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:00 AM

great game... if you dont like it, you obviously dont skate...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users