6 replies to this topic

#1 yungblood20

yungblood20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:20 AM

hey guys, well i flashed my 360, bought a couple of blank dvd-dls and they were memorex, since they were cheaper. well i bought 2 packs and all cds failed in burning. then i bought a verbatim pack and burnt 2 games successfully. so i thought it was a problem with the way i burnt them before with the memorex's so i decided to get another pack. well, this is the problem. they still dont even burn! but the weird thing is that my friends memorex game backup works on my 360 with no problems :S is there any method i should burn a memorex or ny type of speed?

#2 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:13 AM

How are you creating your game backups?

Also, moving to a more appropriate forum...

#3 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:20 AM

Are the -DL or +DL??

-DL's wont work.

#4 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(yungblood20 @ Aug 22 2007, 03:56 AM) View Post

hey guys, well i flashed my 360, bought a couple of blank dvd-dls and they were memorex, since they were cheaper. well i bought 2 packs and all cds failed in burning. then i bought a verbatim pack and burnt 2 games successfully. so i thought it was a problem with the way i burnt them before with the memorex's so i decided to get another pack. well, this is the problem. they still dont even burn! but the weird thing is that my friends memorex game backup works on my 360 with no problems :S is there any method i should burn a memorex or ny type of speed?

Hence you now know why we really hammer home the message that people need to be picky about their media. There are so many variables with the cheaper varieties that it isn't even funny. It could be a burner/firmware issue and it could simply be Memorex's (Ritek or Ricoh) piss-poor quality control standards. Read the first link in my sig for more info.

Edited by jesterrace777, 22 August 2007 - 04:37 AM.

#5 yungblood20

yungblood20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:17 AM

the backup is a Ritek, and so is the ones i bought. the backup works but the cds i bought, which r also ritek, do not work at all. vis there any way i should burn the media? and theyre both DVD+R DL. please reply guys, and thanks for replying.

#6 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:51 AM

It's more of a fluke that the one Memorex backups *does* work, as opposed to your attempts not working. Memorex is generally regarded as absolute shit media. Ritek sucks too.

#7 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

Thing is that Memorex and Ritek DL are one and the same since that is who Memorex outsources it's DL media production to these days. I concur that both the manufacturer and the label are NOT something that I would trust my money to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users