• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Askrouz

Askrouz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Can i play a backup with my very old FW on a spring updated xbox 360. Then when i want to play on
Live!, do you think it will work if i just upgrade to a up-to-date FW ? Cause i can't find any discussion about the logs ms do on your xbox 360.

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

how old are we talking about? the important thing is if your backup has the proper stealth patching. if you have a hitachi drive, then your running a huge risk because hitachi firmwares prior to ixtreme don't support media stealth (aka you will more then likely get banned). samsung firmwares after xtreme 3.0 support media stealth, but will boot safe and unsafe backups.

for safety sake, i would just upgrade to ixtreme now and not worry about it.

no one knows exactly what MS is doing as far as logging goes. its only known that its checking the DMI on the discs and after that, no idea.

Edited by Reaper527, 22 August 2007 - 07:52 PM.

#3 Askrouz

Askrouz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Aug 22 2007, 09:27 PM) View Post

how old are we talking about? the important thing is if your backup has the proper stealth patching. if you have a hitachi drive, then your running a huge risk because hitachi firmwares prior to ixtreme don't support media stealth (aka you will more then likely get banned). samsung firmwares after xtreme 3.0 support media stealth, but will boot safe and unsafe backups.

for safety sake, i would just upgrade to ixtreme now and not worry about it.

no one knows exactly what MS is doing as far as logging goes. its only known that its checking the DMI on the discs and after that, no idea.

Thanks for thr facts!

It's a big operation for me to flash it.. my notebook hasnt any sata ports so need to take the xbox home and fix it there.. But my girlfriends computer like to crash randomly so it would be a big risk to. smile.gif

I really think those Usb to Sata (xcuter team) is kind of expensive..

Ok, i gotta check what driver i have.. dosent remember. If i have a Samsung, i think i take the risk. I really want to play Bioshock. smile.gif (I lost my original, lucky for me i had a backup.. Puh! wink.gif )

Edited by Askrouz, 22 August 2007 - 08:47 PM.

#4 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(Askrouz @ Aug 22 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post

(I lost my original, lucky for me i had a backup.. Puh! wink.gif )

Lucky for me, you can still get BANNED from X-S for saying such stupid things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users