• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PS3Scene

PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

Paramount: No Recall on Existing Blu-ray Titles, But Supplies Won't Be Replenished
Posted by XanTium | 22-8-2007 18:32 EST

From highdefdigest.com:

Following Paramount/DreamWorks' HD DVD-exclusive turnabout that rocked the high-def world this Monday, the question remained: just what would happen to the studios' past Blu-ray releases currently available on store shelves?

We've received confirmation from Paramount that though there will be no "recall" of any past Blu-ray titles, the studio will cease production on its entire Blu-ray catalog, and they will no longer be available once current market supplies have been depleted.

Full Story: highdefdigest.com

#2 Mysoundhurts

Mysoundhurts

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:B.a.s.e. Jumping, and modding anything that can modded, loud bass, the kind the hurts your ears
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:07 PM

So who is winning the war? I have both Ps3 blu-ray through hdmi, and a toshiba hd-dvd player running hdmi, both at 1080P on flatpanel and honestly do not see any picture difference as of yet, but am curious who is ahead? Sony sais Blu-Ray, M$ sais HD-DVD who is liying?

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(Mysoundhurts @ Sep 5 2007, 09:43 PM) View Post

So who is winning the war? I have both Ps3 blu-ray through hdmi, and a toshiba hd-dvd player running hdmi, both at 1080P on flatpanel and honestly do not see any picture difference as of yet, but am curious who is ahead? Sony sais Blu-Ray, M$ sais HD-DVD who is liying?

Probably both of them smile.gif
This tit for tat stuff over the formats is set to run for a long while.

#4 jwin767

jwin767

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Computers, technology, gadgets, cars and my 360
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

do you want to knows whos winning..... good old DVD, no body really cares as much for the high def formats atm because of pricing and only the more tech minded are using this atm in my personal view

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(jwin767 @ Sep 11 2007, 04:23 PM) View Post

do you want to knows whos winning..... good old DVD, no body really cares as much for the high def formats atm because of pricing and only the more tech minded are using this atm in my personal view

I have to agree.
DVD is perfectly acceptable to the average consumer, offering a superior picture and sound than VCR at a low cost.

#6 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

Chapters and no-rewind FTW!

I would love to know how many people with HD TVs have nothing capable of giving a resolution higher than 480i. And then, the percentage of people that have those devices, even have them configured to output more than 480i.

Edited by throwingks, 11 September 2007 - 04:03 PM.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Sep 11 2007, 04:39 PM) View Post

Chapters and no-rewind FTW!

I would love to know how many people with HD TVs have nothing capable of giving a resolution higher than 480i. And then, the percentage of people that have those devices, even have them configured to output more than 480i.

If the gen pop that I visit are anything to go by, The average consumer buys a HD TV because the sales assistant tell them it is the latest. Nearly all of them have no conception of the different resolutions and in fact most do not even know what HD means. they usually have no other HD source to feed to the TV and believe that HD means they are getting a better picture whilst still receiving the normal analogue terrestrial broadcasts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users