• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 donaldsell

donaldsell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

okay first off i need help finding the correct dvd dl drive to burn my 360 game backups
secondly i already asked this question so sorry for the second post, the first time i asked they told me some type of samsung (forgot the exact type) would work for burning and reading the disks.
thirdly which kind of nic card is the best for sata connection between the xbox 360 and my pc?
Please help.....donaldsell

Edited by donaldsell, 23 August 2007 - 03:27 PM.

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

i have samsung S162C and it works great. there is a list of possible drives in the guide in the game backup section here. any of those 4 drives will be fine.

for burning, lots of people like pioneer drives. i personally have a samsung dual layer burner that i have had no issues with.

NIC isn't what your looking for, thats a Network Interface Card, you need a SATA controller. i just ended up using my onboard SATA so i can't tell you exactly what card to get, but look around and you'll find your answers.

#3 wargod

wargod

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

You don't need a samsung. Hitachi will work as well unless its a 79. For Hitachi 0078FK you need a VIA VT6421L Chipset SATA Card ($20) if your mothoerboard contains a Silicon Image SATA chipset. For the other hitach versions Hitachi 46 / 47 / 59, those can be flashed with basically all SATA chipsets, or even a SATA-to-USB adapter.

For Samsung MS25, Silicon Image, Promise, and NForce2 chipsets are known to NOT be compatible for flashing it. There are a few others also with compatibility issues. Intel ICH5/6/7/8 chipsets, NForce 3/4, SiS, Uli, Jmicron, and VIA chipsets are all known to be compatible

For Samsung MS28, just get the VIA VT6421L Chipset. You cannot flash a Samsung drive or the 0078FK Hitachi using a SATA-to-USB adapter.

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

he's talking about a samsung pc drive that he can put a custom firmware on to rip games wink.gif as such, Samsung SH-162C

also, i don't think a hitachi drive is capable of producing a good backup of a game. i think it messes up some of the SS/DMI/PFI info

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

Samsung SHD162 for the rip flashed with Kreon firmware.
I use a Pioneer 112D for burning stuff. Seems very good.

#6 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:37 PM

Make sure you grab the SHD162 C revision especially. Many of the places stocking these drives will advertise as SHD162C however you receive the SHD162D which as of yet cannot be used for backing up discs.

#7 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Aug 23 2007, 05:10 PM) View Post

also, i don't think a hitachi drive is capable of producing a good backup of a game. i think it messes up some of the SS/DMI/PFI info

yes , the hitachi does not extract a proper SS for iXtreme, so if you want to use a X360, it must be a samsung (or a PC Kreon )

-soso

#8 donaldsell

donaldsell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:33 AM

so what do i do if i dont have sata connection on my pc..im sorry i didnt understand your posts...im a newbie...i was told on team-xecuter that i needed a nic with sata connection on it to hook x360 up to my pc
so what do i need..sorry im not all there.lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users