#1 rob61

rob61

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

That was unpleasant. I own an XBOX360 and the wireless steering wheel.

I called to request (as mentioned in the news), the retrofit for the XBOX360 wireless steering wheel so it doesn't start on fire. Well, I felt like a prisoner of war in an interrogation. First he needed to know what the serial number of my XBOX360 was, which didn't seem pertinent to a replacement part for the wheel. OK, he has me fire up the 360 and read it. Well, it seems my number was being used by someone else. I purchased this unit new and it has never left the house.

Next, since that didn't seem to work, he had me read it to him again, from the sticker inside the accessory port. It is the same number, but now he said it was OK. Hmmmm.....

Next, he starts asking me all of my info, saying he needs to create an account (yes, I never "registered" this after I purchased it new through a major toy store). So I give him all the info. Next he puts me on hold, then gets back to me, and asks for info on the wheel. So I read off that.

Now he says he has to speak to his "supervisor"... he goes away a couple minutes, then asks a few more questions, then once again places me on hold. Then he comes back to tell me there are no retrofits available at this time, but I should receive one when they become available.

This whole scenario took 20 minutes. I suggest anyone needing the retrofit to simply fill out the form and fax it. Yes, its Microsoft, but I guess they don't believe in their own technology as in using ONLINE forms which you can fill out. You actually have to PRINT IT OUT and FAX it to them.

I didn't harbor much disdain for Microsoft, but I do now.

Edited by rob61, 23 August 2007 - 08:51 PM.

#2 vestri_matris

vestri_matris

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:26 AM

Corporate bureaucracy, what do you expect?

#3 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Yep, that's business for ya. I don't get why they have you fax the form in instead of having an online form like you mentioned. Maybe MS has just been too lazy to make one. Either way, it's pretty much going to be that way in any medium to large company, the bigger it is the worse usually.

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

thats what pushed you over the edge? that is a MINOR inconvenience in the grand scheme of things that you could be pissed at...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users