#1 JDChawk5

JDChawk5

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

I moved into the dorms at the University of Northern Iowa last Thursday...to access any online gaming we were asking to manually send in our box's mac address and they would allow it to connect to xbox live or other online gaming...so i did this and after about a day it connected on the dashboard...i pop in halo 2 and when i get to the menu and click xbl all i ever see is the "start trouble shooter" screen...i have tried resetting my cache and i DO NOT have family settings on (i have asked this around many other forums and all everyone talks about is family settings)...i have even tried recovering my acct...the campus uses Resnet...if anyone else has had this problem and has any comments please share...thanks

other xbox 360 games do work online...i was able to play an entire game of madden 08 on xbl

Edited by JDChawk5, 24 August 2007 - 12:50 AM.

#2 SC10-E

SC10-E

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:PC Building, Xbox and wii, movies, music, other media
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Maybe they blocked Halo 2? Sounds unlikely though

#3 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

If I recall, from back in the day Halo 2's mac address deal was funky - like as if it edited it.

I can't remember quite what it was though, I'll see if I can find an article about it. I know we had to play around with it when I was a mod on XBC.

*edit* I also saw on another forum (afterdawn) that you said it was a backed up version, have you tried using the actual disk yet?

http://forum.xbconne...ad.php?p=143317

Read that smile.gif

Edited by TheMuffinMan, 26 August 2007 - 09:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users