PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:13 AM

GC07: MGS4 - Rumble, PS3 Exclusive and new Trailer
Posted by XanTium | 23-8-2007 21:13 EST

From next-gen.biz:

The issue of PS3 rumble surfaced, as one attendee tried to get confirmation of rumble features in MGS4 (thus a confirmation of rumble adoption by Sony).
Imaizumi said, "We wish we could have rumble, but we don't have those features with that controller. We wish we would. We'll see what happens."

Almost expectedly, someone asked about whether or not MGS4 might make an appearance on Xbox 360 in the future, or if it's a PS3 exclusive forever.
Kojima didn't comment on the question, instead passing it onto Imaizumi, whose carefully worded response also caused the audience to chuckle. "You know, right now we're only making it for PS3. We don't have a plan for Xbox 360 for now."

And here's the new trailer of MGS4 from GC07. Get a good look at some of the deadly new bosses Snake will be encountering in MGS4.
Full Story: next-gen.biz

#2 dezza9995

dezza9995

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:19 AM

And when it does appear on the 360, I bet IT has rumble.

What is the big attraction with a vibrating pad people? You sure you just don't want it for personal reasons, coz i honestly don't see the point.

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

The point is alway more immersion

in the N64 days it was mostly cheesy and gimmicky

these days the motors have discrete enough control that when you play a racing game you can feel the bumps in the road, the slight hum of the engine and collisions have a much stronger impact.

it's one of those things that you don't really notice until it's gone and then the experience feels Flat and a just plain less impressive than it was before...

On the 360 sometimes I'll turn off rumble like on bullet Marsh on Gears of War they shake the controller violently every 10 seconds or so when lighting strikes in the level and it gets annoying but as soon as I go play another level or another game something always feels like it's missing until I remember to turn it back on.

It just adds that little extra edge to everything to make it just that much better.

as for MGS4.... I still can't get over how low poly everything is and the supreme lack of texture detail. with the exception of snake those characters look like they're shaped out of play dough sad.gif

I will say that the animations look nice and the few spots were I saw some motion blurring and depth of field being used was a very welcome addition over previous game clips....

Edited by twistedsymphony, 24 August 2007 - 04:29 AM.

#4 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 23 2007, 11:04 PM) View Post

as for MGS4.... I still can't get over how low poly everything is and the supreme lack of texture detail. with the exception of snake those characters look like they're shaped out of play dough sad.gif

I will say that the animations look nice and the few spots were I saw some motion blurring and depth of field being used was a very welcome addition over previous game clips....

Being as biased as I am, I thought that the graphics for the game were pretty nice. Then again, I've only seen it on gamertrailer players on here. The video wouldn't load for me though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users