375 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 01:36 PM

Alot of people who want to flash their TSOP know someone (or have themselves) a modded XBOX. I don't know why people are insistent on using the Linux Distro. You don't need to.

WHAT YOU NEED
1. A Modded XBOX (For FTP Access)
2. An UnModded XBOX (Which is getting modded)
3. A Memory Card (For the 007 - Agent Under Fire Saved Game)
4. 007 - Agent Under Fire ORIGINAL DVD Game. The Platinum Version works as well. Available at Bestbuy.com, CircuitCity.com, and CompUSA.
5. 007savewithraincoat.zip file from #xbins on IRC - EFNet
6. A Soldering Iron (15 Watt) from Radio Shack or any local electronics store.
7. Solder also available at Radio Shack or your local electronics store.
8. De-soldering Braid (in case you make a mistake)
9. A couple pieces of electrical tape to cover the surrounding area.
10. For those of you who like Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer, you can burn the image and load the dashboard that way. This is version 2.1. Here's the link to the thread and how to obtain the image.

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO

1. Download the 007savewithraincoat.zip file from xbins.

2. Unzip the file to a TEMP folder on your Windows PC hard drive.

3. You should now have the following files in the TEMP folder:

UDATA - Folder
gameid.ini - File
readme.txt - File
using_raincoat.txt - File

4. If you don't want to use the linux bios, use XBTool to make a 1MB image of the Xecuter 4976.02 bios and rename it to bios.bin. THIS HAS TO BE A 1MB BIOS IMAGE FOR v1.0 and v1.1 XBOX's and 256k FOR v1.2 XBOX's!

THESE XBTOOL SCREENSHOTS ARE FOR v1.0 AND v1.1 ONLY!

user posted image user posted image

**THE PICTURE ON THE LEFT IS THE ORIGINAL Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k BIOS AND THE PICTURE ON THE RIGHT IS THE COLORMOD Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_1024k BIOS THAT I WILL BE CREATING.

5. Delete the existing bios.bin from the 007 Raincoat Saved game and replace it with the new bios.bin that you just created. It's located in the UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat folder in your TEMP folder.

6. FTP into your modded XBOX and copy the ENTIRE UDATA folder from your TEMP folder to the E: Drive of the modded XBOX.

7. Load up the M$ Dashboard (on your modded XBOX) and copy the Agent Under Fire save game onto the memory card by going to the Memory Tab on the Dashboard.

8. Take out the memory card and put it in an unmodded xbox.

9. Load up the M$ Dashboard (on your unmodded XBOX) and copy the 007 AUF saved game to the unmodded XBOX hard drive (just like you did in #7)

10. Turn off the unmodded XBOX and solder the 2 sets of points on the motherboard. One set is on top and the other set is on bottom. Refer to this tutorial to solder those points. They're labeled "Jumper from MCPX RD# to FLASH OE#" on the top of the motherboard and "Jumper MCPX WR# to FLASH WE#" on the bottom of the motherboard in the pictures. Remember to use the electrical tape to cover the surrounding area so you don't get solder all over the place (in case you have really shakey hands). This will prevent you from damaging the XBOX. You can also use the desoldering braid to pick up any excess solder.

FOR v1.0 AND v1.1 XBOXES (TOP AND BOTTOM MOBO PICTURES)

FOR v1.2 XBOXES (TOP AND BOTTOM MOBO PICTURES)

11. Put motherboard back into unmodded (but now jumpered) XBOX and connect everything.

12. Turn on unmodded (but now jumpered) XBOX. It should boot as if it was just bought from the store.

13. Load up 007 - Agent Under Fire. This MUST be the original DVD. Platinum version works fine as well.

14. Once the game starts, Load a Mission from the Hard Drive.

15. XBOX will go black, power light goes orange. You will also begin to hear different sounds.

==============================================================================================
BASIC NETWORKING SETUP

Go to your network properties for your network card. Click on TCP/IP and go to Properties. Instead of obtaining an IP Address Automatically, click on Specify IP Address.

Change it to 192.168.0.X where X is any number from 1 to 255 (except 64). The XBOX uses 64 so you can't. Your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0. You can set the gateway to 192.168.0.1 if you wish. The DNS entries can remain blank.

user posted image

Hit Apply and OK and you're all set.

If you're using a router, make sure DHCP is turned off within the router software. If you don't have a router, just connect the computer directly to the XBOX using a crossover cable (NOT patch cable).

user posted image

==============================================================================================

16. Make sure your PC is on the 192.168.0.x IP Range.

17. Telnet using Windows command prompt. The command line is as follows: telnet 192.168.0.64 and then press Enter.

user posted image

18. Then type: root as your username.

19. Then type: xbox as your password.

20. Then type: cd ../../media/E/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/raincoat and press Enter.

21. If you want to backup your original bios, type the following command: ./raincoat -r <<bios save filename>>.bin (Thanks to PsiDOC for the command). DO NOT SAVE IT AS BIOS.BIN BECAUSE YOU WILL OVERRIDE YOUR NEW BIOS!!

22. Then type: ./raincoat -p bios.bin to implement the new flash.

user posted image

23. You will begin to see the TSOP being erased. It will then flash the TSOP and verify.

24. YOU ARE ALL DONE! biggrin.gif

If you have any problems (i.e. an error that states that the TSOP is read-only), you need to double check your soldering job. 99.9% says that you didn't connect the 2 points correctly. Go back and re-do it.

It works. I've done it multiple times.

Remember, once you have the saved game on your memory card, you no longer need the modded XBOX. You can mod any unmodded XBOX with just the 007 Agent Under Fire game and the memory card!

I know this has been stated before, but hopefully this is a good enough break-down for all the other newbs who may have some questions.

Enjoy biggrin.gif

sharpie00

Edited by sharpie00, 15 June 2003 - 11:59 AM.

#2 MGSnake19

MGSnake19

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:52 PM

@sharpie00
FUCKING nice tutorial
i love it love.gif
WOW i didnt have to go through all the linux install and all that shit To any moderator Pin this pop.gif

i did it under 10 minutes just awesome

Edited by MGSnake19, 04 June 2003 - 03:53 PM.

#3 Cardiff Giant

Cardiff Giant

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:01 PM

Very nice guide! With all the issues I've had getting my X2Pro flashed, I'm considering just doing a Tsop flash and this makes it very clear on how to do it. Thanks for the great work!

#4 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:30 PM

Glad to help out smile.gif

It's so much easier than installing a modchip. hehe.

biggrin.gif

sharpie00

#5 fastgsxauto

fastgsxauto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:37 PM

This is a stupid question, but in Step #7, how do you copy the game from the HD to the mem card? I just can't seem to figure it out.... And I also can't figure out how to copy from the mem card back to the HD.

Thanks

#6 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (fastgsxauto @ Jun 4 2003, 01:37 PM)
This is a stupid question, but in Step #7, how do you copy the game from the HD to the mem card?  I just can't seem to figure it out....  And I also can't figure out how to copy from the mem card back to the HD.

Thanks

When you click on the Memory Tab on the M$ Dashboard, you will have two options. It will show you your hard drive which as 50,000+ blocks free and your Memory card which has 502 blocks free. To switch between them, use your directional pad on your controller.

Choose the hard drive first by pressing the A Button on your controller. You will then have a list of saved games from your hard drive. Scroll down to 007 - Agent Under Fire. Once you highlight the 007 - Agent Under Fire saved game, press the Right button on your directional pad to highlight the actual saved game. Once it's highlighted, press the A Button to select it. This will give you the option of deleting it or copying it.

Do the same for copying it from the Memory Card to the Hard Drive.

smile.gif

sharpie00

Edited by sharpie00, 04 June 2003 - 04:51 PM.

#7 dumpav

dumpav

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (fastgsxauto @ Jun 4 2003, 05:37 PM)
This is a stupid question, but in Step #7, how do you copy the game from the HD to the mem card? I just can't seem to figure it out.... And I also can't figure out how to copy from the mem card back to the HD.

Thanks

i transfer the save file to a virgin hd this way, (assume, u got a modded xbox around)

dl that 007 save game in your hd, i also dl a software call xbox save manager, what it do it let u transfer a save file back and fore between xbox and pc.

i un-plug the modded xbox hd, and plug in a virgin hd to a modded xbox, and i put in a evox boot up cd. So i can boot up to evox using the evo boot cd, and then i use xbox game manager to transfer the save file to my virgin xbox.

(you need to put the 007 save game inside the xbox save manager save file folder; in fact no need to unzip, the save manager with unzip to xbox for u)

#8 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (dumpav @ Jun 4 2003, 02:06 PM)
i transfer the save file to a virgin hd this way, (assume, u got a modded xbox around)

dl that 007 save game in your hd, i also dl a software call xbox save manager, what it do it let u transfer a save file back and fore between xbox and pc.

i un-plug the modded xbox hd, and plug in a virgin hd to a modded xbox, and i put in a evox boot up cd. So i can boot up to evox using the evo boot cd, and then i use xbox game manager to transfer the save file to my virgin xbox.

(you need to put the 007 save game inside the xbox save manager save file folder; in fact no need to unzip, the save manager with unzip to xbox for u)

You could do that as well. But there's really no need to switch hard drives to make things more complicated. You have to remember, this tutorial is targeted towards people who may not have alot of experience with XBOX modding.

Good suggestion though smile.gif

sharpie00

#9 dumpav

dumpav

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:27 PM

i am newbie too, tongue.gif

but u know alot of people are cheap, that why they mod wink.gif
i just try to help if they don't wanna get a memory card.

i was also curious whether people can replace the memory card with a usb zip drive?

#10 MGSnake19

MGSnake19

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:30 PM

sharpie00
in step 16
16. Make sure your PC is on the 192.168.0.x IP Range

what if my pc is out of iprange 192.168.0.x , i'm running XP pro , i went to start --> Run -->typed cmd ---> ipconfig /all and my ip is 66.176.10.44

i kind of confuse

#11 dumpav

dumpav

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:43 PM

how u connect your xbox to your pc? thru a router?

if u thru a router, I stole "shr00m" 007 guide last 2 paragraph:

from shr00m 007 guide.......
first go to your browser on your windows pc... go to 192.168.1.1 that will take you to your linksys config on the first window setup, change the device ip to 192.168.0.1, apply this, now you should reboot the router reconnect to it by going to http://192.168.0.1

ok now go to the dhcp tab and disable dhcp, set the starting address to 192.168.0.1 and now apply, now to get internet access you will have to go into your network settings on your windows pc and set your ip to 192.168.0.anything but 1 or 64 , i used 3 and it worked fine..... make sure to set your gateway to 192.168.0.1 and the subnet mask will auto fill in, after doing this reboot pc, confirm you have internet access... you should already have the xbox booted to linux (as you can tell this is pre tsop flash info, but its vital) ok if you have internet go to http://192.168.0.64 you should get a page that was served by your xbox, if you do your ready to telnet in and flash.... remember to take care of the jumpers.... and ESP remember to do the extra steps if you have a sharp TSOP flashing is risky but i got through it ok.

end of shr00m guide

if u not thru a router then i think u need to manually config it,

get a cross over cable, and direct connect your pc to xbox, and in network setting, set it mannually to that range

#12 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (MGSnake19 @ Jun 4 2003, 02:30 PM)
sharpie00
in step 16
16. Make sure your PC is on the 192.168.0.x IP Range

what if my pc is out of iprange 192.168.0.x , i'm running XP pro , i went to start --> Run -->typed cmd ---> ipconfig /all and my ip is 66.176.10.44

i kind of confuse

Easily fixable.

Go to your network properties for your network card. Click on TCP/IP and go to Properties. Instead of obtaining an IP Address Automatically, click on Specify IP Address.

Change it to 192.168.0.X where X is any number from 1 to 255 (except 64). The XBOX uses 64 so you can't. Your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0. You can set the gateway to 192.168.0.1 if you wish. The DNS entries can remain blank.

Hit Apply and OK and you're all set.

If you're using a router, make sure DHCP is turned off within the router software. If you don't have a router, just connect the computer directly to the XBOX using a crossover cable (NOT patch cable).

smile.gif

sharpie00

#13 dumpav

dumpav

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:13 PM

sharpie,

just curious, have u also back up your original ms bio? just for latest use?
if so, maybe add that in your guide, so make it more complete.

#14 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:26 PM

Nope...I didn't back up the original bios. It's a good point. I'm not sure of the command line to back up the bios once you telnet into the XBOX. If you know, then I'll add it to the tutorial.

biggrin.gif

Thanks

sharpie00

#15 jp110099

jp110099

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 June 2003 - 06:38 PM