• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goapixas

Goapixas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

ok, so, im in a big trouble. flashed some hitachi and some samsung ms25. today got one with Ms28, the first. didnt backup the orig.bin file and got a bad flash, now im stuck. Dont know if there is any way to recover the damn key, i think there is no way... If anyone knows how i can pass this mistake please help me.

Theres one guy out there, he tells :

Why is it you can't boot usb? I've been using the usb thumb drives and haven't had a problem. I gave up on floppies immediately after my first take at flashing.

For a solution to the problem, try using the mtkflash to read the firmware that is currently on your console. I believe that's what everyone has been trying to get you to do. Secondly, once you have that firmware, open it with firmware toolbox 3.1. Once opened, you can check your key out. Usually there are a bunch of unique numbers and not all FFF's or 000's. That is how the xtreme firmware usually looks before it gets patched with your console's key.

If your key does look unique and isn't one of the things I mentioned before, then you're most likely okay. If you have lost your orig.bin from your stock 360, the only way of recovering would be to get an orig.bin from another console with the same drive and firmware edition as yours and patch it with your unique key. I have been able to recover a few of my friends drives who tried to do it themselves without consulting me first or reading to the extent. It's a pretty simple process once you finally figure it out.

Hope you can get it going. If not, contact me and I'll take a look at it for free, you just pay return shipping. Later

here:
CODE
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=606214&st=15

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:13 AM

Sounds like great advice... if you dont have your key there is NO way to recover it.

You need a VIA chipset to attempt a bad flash and read the current contents of the drive. You may be able to extract a corrupt firmware and still see the key.

If that doesnt work.. you need a new motherboard/key or motherboard/dvd drive combo.

#3 Goapixas

Goapixas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

thanks for the reply. Ok, cant recover it from the bad flash so i need to buy another xbox or wait until will be a way to get the key from the MOB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users