X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:02 AM

Cutting to the chase, I have been away from the scene for a while and with my latest update I cannot get the 'movie information' option to appear. I have 'set content' for my entire folder of movies and there is a significant number of movies in there, so do not want it to scan all of my movies. When clicking white on a file I do not get the 'movie information' unless I am in library mode, this would be fine, except for the fact that movies dont show up in library mode unless they have already been searched for on IMDB.

So my question is, how can I get the 'movie information' option to appear in the file view of my videos?

Thanks

EDIT: I have finally found that it is not possible in the search menu (the search on this site has far less configuration than it used to). Is there no chance that this will return? Or will I have to find my old build of XBMC?

Edited by explicitlyrics100, 27 August 2007 - 01:09 AM.

#2 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

Ok, I have changed keymap.xml so that when clicking on the left thumb button, it brings up the movie information screen. What I want to know is why on earth do none of the XBMC skins have it as an option under 'the white button'?!?!?!?! Its not like it looks messy, plus it allows XBMC to operate as it used to....

I do appreciate that the new library is very cool, but to scan my whole collection would take a LONG time and much of it is not on IMDB as they are edited clips and saved videos. So why not just leave the option there under the white button context menu?

#3 jmarshall

jmarshall

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

It is there, assuming you've Set Content on the folder (so it knows what scraper to use).

#4 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

Very strange indeed if it should be there. I have cleared the UDATA and TDATA caches, along with completely deleting my xbmc directory. I have definitely set the content but the 'movie information' is not under the white button... Never mind, I've got the left thumb button doing it (though now I cant take a screenshot to prove my situation...).

Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users