Photo

Problem I Havent Seen Others Post About.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hyawatha15

hyawatha15

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:15 AM

I'v got a 360 with a weird problem. Iv tried all the steps in the "READ THIS FIRST" thread and the problem still persists. The problem is when the 360 is turned on, nothing is shown on the tv screen, nor does the sound work.

BUT.. The 4 ringed lights act normal as if nothing was wrong. If no controllers are plugged in, only the center light is on. If 1 controller is plugged in, the corresponding light turns on.

Iv taken apart the 360 and nothing looks wrong on the inside when looking at it and another 360. Does anyone have ANY idea on what the problem could be? I looked around these forums and others and I didnt find anyone with the same problem. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for reading.

#2 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:24 AM

One of my friends had this same exact problem, but he had his warranty, so he sent it to Microsoft. I've heard of this before and it might be your gpu. You could try the x-clamp replacement mod, but I've also heard that somethin like this might be because of a damaged video encoder chip (I think that's what it's called), but I might be completely wrong about that.

#3 hyawatha15

hyawatha15

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the reply, I'll check into that xclamp mod now.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:05 PM

if you swapped out TVs, cables etc. and the problem persists than it means the console itself is the problem component...

Try clearing the console wit this technique: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=484726

Clear Any Failed system updates that cause the console to error.

1. With the console off, press and hold the sync up button (the small white one)
2. While holding the sync button press the power button to turn on the console
3. Continue to hold the sync button until the Console has booted up completely.
4. During the boot process the console should clear any failed updates, allowing you to use it normally.

If that doesn't work unplug the console and leave it unplugged for a good 6-8 hours and try running it again. That will give the backup capacitor enough time to drain and reset the clock

Also when you turn it on without an AV cable do you get the 4 blinking red lights or green lights?

#5 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

I have a box that does the exact same thing.
Power on with the power button, center lights up green, ROL doesnt circle, no audio or video displayed on tv.
Dvd will still eject normal, can sync a wireless controller and the corresponding ROL segment will light green.
Turns off fine with the power button and will power back up with the controller guide button or dvd remote.
Most of the time it will just sit like that for hours, yet occasionally, when holding down the guide button or just randomly on its own, the fourth segment of the ROL will flash red and suddenly there is the error screen displayed on the tv....E45
Lately it hasnt been giving me the error, just sits there, on, with nothing displayed, so I cannot extract the secondary error code or provide a screen shot of the error.

The basic functions of the mobo seems to operate, controller sync, dvd ejects, fans run and respond to removal of air duct, IR functions, and obviously the gpu works as it can display that support screen.

#6 BIMPtacular

BIMPtacular

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:31 PM

have you checked the power supply? i know some of the problems related to freezing are because of faulty power supply units wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users