• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PsychoStar

PsychoStar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:08 AM

I am currently exercising problems with my Xbox 360. When I play an audio CD in my 360, I get no bass output through my subwoofer. I also have tried Guitar Hero 2 as well with no bass at all. Here is the kicker (pun intended), I have bass when I play Gears of War, Gears of War bonus disk, Halo 2 bonus disk. I am trying to figure out if I am the only person with this problem that is why I came here. I want to see if I am the only person with this problem.

The audio CD that I tried was Eminem: Encore. The disk worked just fine in my PS3, but no bass in my 360.

Does Guitar Hero 2 have a defined bass track output for a subwoofer?

Is the 360 treating this disk as a 2 channel output and not sending information for the sub?

Could this be fixed in a future firmware update?

I contacted 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and they say I am the only one with this problem.

If anyone with a surround sound set-up, an audio CD, and of course an Xbox 360 could check to see if this is a problem for them. I am also connecting via a Toslink Optical Cable. When I use the RCAs there is no surround sound at all, just the left and right channels.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(PsychoStar @ Aug 27 2007, 07:44 PM) View Post

Is the 360 treating this disk as a 2 channel output and not sending information for the sub?

BINGO!

It sucks doesn't it... If you want sub woofer output you'll have to set your receiver to matrix the channels.

Though technically the 360 is functioning how it should in the eyes of audiophiles... even still they should at least provide an option to mix the subwoofer channel for those with HTIaB systems with no low end in the fronts.

I'm not sure about GHII, but then again my main drivers have two 8" woofers each so unless there are explosions going on I don't really notice when the subwoofer isn't getting used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users