• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:50 AM

My 360 keeps ejecting itself and brings me back to the dashboard with the power symbol flashing green. The drive doesn't actually eject but the system thinks it has. My warranty is up and it will be $100 to bring it back and fix this problem. So opinions please. Would you open it and hopefully fix it with a loose cable or send it in to Microsoft?

#2 splank

splank

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Magners irish cider! and Building/modding electronic equipment.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Well if your warrantee is up already then does it even matter if you void the system. Will m$ still accept it back when its been void?

#3 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

@ silenthill4vid - Look in there and see if the magnet in the spindle has come out and is stuck to the lid part, you can do that with the tray open and not have to open up the 360. Does the tray close at all or is this a 'random in game' or 'when it feels like it' kind of issue, be a little more specific with your description.

@ splank - Only the 3RLOD is covered under the new 3 year warranty, so it can still be intact warranty sticker wise, but be out of the 1 year warranty for other issues such as a bad DVD drive where you can still send it to M$ for repairs, and of course they'll stick ya for it. wink.gif

#4 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

Ummm I'm not too sure what the magnet looks like sorry. But at the top I only see the white part, it's a Samsung btw. And it does it when it feels like it. It even does it when no disc is in it, like when I'm playing a demo. So all I've been doing lately is playing demos with the tray open...lol

Thanks for any help.

Edited by silenthill4vid, 28 August 2007 - 05:52 PM.

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

That's right odd, and what I'd look into first is the actual Eject switch. Push it a few times and see if it makes that nice kinda loud "click" sound or if it's really quiet or ya don't hear it at all. It's just a Tact switch and they can go bad causing the button to not work, or be intermittent like what you're describing. Likewise, tap on the case lightly around the bottom front/left corner (where the actual switch is) when the tray is closed, see if it opens up when you do that.

Edited by RDC, 28 August 2007 - 06:07 PM.

#6 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

I pushed on the bottom left corner and it opened it twice and closed, now the power symbol is just flashing green. How would I fix this? Thank you.

EDIT : Oh sorry, the actual eject button clicks loud and works properly.

EDIT #2: Now sometimes when I press the eject button it doesn't come out and just the power symbol is flashing green. So I guess it's screwed up in some way.

Edited by silenthill4vid, 28 August 2007 - 06:25 PM.

#7 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

Does it have any problem reading a disc when one is in there and it stays closed long enough?

When the tray doesn't eject does it seem like it's at least trying to? ie, can you hear the motor that opens/closes the tray struggling trying to? or see the tray move slightly?

#8 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

Yes, it always reads the games fine. Just ejects for some unknown reason. mad.gif Though thanks to your info I noticed that the eject mechanism at the bottom(green tab) is bending more inwards which is maybe pushing the eject itself. So I put a small piece of eraser under the eject button which moved the green tab away from pushing itself. I'll have to eject from the dashboard from now on but I don't care. So far it has worked, hopefully it will continue working. Though if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them, thanks much.

#9 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:12 AM

Never mind NOT working now!! I give up, taking the piece of shit back somewhere for money and maybe switching to PS3.

#10 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,785 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

Keep the Fraud talk to yourselves, posts removed and dealt with.

@ silenthill4vid - Where did the $100 repair figure come from? It really seems that something is intermittent somewhere with your drive and should be easily fixable, just trying to narrow down an intermittent problem on a forum isn't the easiest thing to do sometimes. wink.gif I'd like to take a look at it if you're giving up and are in the US, PM me about it if ya like.

#11 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:08 AM

Think I fixed it the other day. Opened up the side and saw that the power to the DVD drive on the motherboard was a tad loose. So I put my screwdriver under it and pushed it tighter...so far no problems. Best thing I didn't have to take off the sticker.

#12 silenthill4vid

silenthill4vid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

Well now when I turn it on the screen is about 60% dark. Boy the 360 is crap that just keeps giving isn't it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users