• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 defiance021103

defiance021103

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Has anyone seen this? I ran across some listings on ebay. Sellers are using ebay to advertise and try to get referrals for their account. Supposedly, if you get 10 referrals you get a 360 elite for free. All you have to do is sign-up on the website then choose an online service such as Blockbuster or Gamefly, then if you get 10 ppl to do the same, you get money or merchandise. You have to give a credit card, but one of the sellers I contacted said you can choose a site offering a free trial and then cancel before your trial is up to avoid charges. From what I can tell it's a basic pyramid scheme but it appears that as long as you aren't the bottom layer of the pyramid, you get your stuff. There is even a video of one of the national news channels reporting on it.

Here is the video clip:
DO NOT POST THIS SHIT HERE

and here is where you sign up
<a href="http://www.XS Filter - 070807 - 1/index.php?ref=4034138" target="_blank">http://www.XS Filter - 070807 - 1/index.php?ref=4034138</a>

This would be awesome if it works! Has anyone else seen this before or even actually done it?

Edited by chorizo1, 28 August 2007 - 09:47 PM.

#2 vacuuum

vacuuum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

some of these sites are actually legit.
but their offers as too much of a scam.

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

straight from the RULES of the site:

Referral Scams: Do not post IPOD scams or other similar click me/ point schemes that allegedly get people free shit for doing next to nothing. If you post these Referral link type scams expect to be banned.

CLOSED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users