• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MarsGuy00

MarsGuy00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:47 PM

I just want to know if people have and or can make tracks for Forza, and if you can, has anybody made the "Top Gear" test track? I've been looking online to see if it exists, and i've yet to find it, and i would LOVE to have it. Thanks

#2 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

Never heard of it. I've extracted textures and lightmaps... I've been looking for the 3d model but 3d models aren't my thing. Far as I know your track does not exist.

#3 Kudoz

Kudoz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(happykillmore @ Aug 29 2007, 04:46 PM) View Post

Never heard of it. I've extracted textures and lightmaps... I've been looking for the 3d model but 3d models aren't my thing. Far as I know your track does not exist.

yes it does exist u just need to look around ive seen them test the bugatti and some other cars around it i think its the one with the 5 mile straight isnt it im not so sure but i think thats the one ur talkin about biggrin.gif

#4 MarsGuy00

MarsGuy00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

you've seen the track like on TV or you've seen someone drive on it in Forza?

#5 Kudoz

Kudoz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE(MarsGuy00 @ Aug 31 2007, 06:22 AM) View Post

you've seen the track like on TV or you've seen someone drive on it in Forza?

On tv i hope someone makes it for forza though it would be a great race track.

#6 Shonen

Shonen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

The 'official' Top Gear test track is a Lotus-designed one at their airstrip, the one they tested the Veyron on was Volkswagen's test track (one of em, anyway). Two seperate tracks, very far apart. They didn't show the rest of the track on 9x02 so I don't know what it's like, but it must have corners to test for everything.

The Top Gear test track would be a neat addition, I was actually considering making a 3d model of it and then someone could convert it to Forza format or something, but I never had time...

Oh yeah, if you can be bothered, it's visible from Google Earth so in case you need to know what it looks like from a birds-eye view, you can.

http://maps.google.c...k...mp;t=k&om=1

#7 Kudoz

Kudoz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(Shonen @ Sep 11 2007, 04:00 PM) View Post

The 'official' Top Gear test track is a Lotus-designed one at their airstrip, the one they tested the Veyron on was Volkswagen's test track (one of em, anyway). Two seperate tracks, very far apart. They didn't show the rest of the track on 9x02 so I don't know what it's like, but it must have corners to test for everything.

The Top Gear test track would be a neat addition, I was actually considering making a 3d model of it and then someone could convert it to Forza format or something, but I never had time...

Oh yeah, if you can be bothered, it's visible from Google Earth so in case you need to know what it looks like from a birds-eye view, you can.

http://maps.google.c...k...mp;t=k&om=1

Hey can u really make it if so you should try biggrin.gif it wud be really kool if we could race on a track where we could reach maximum speed in almost every car, so how long would it take you to make something like that? huh.gif

#8 Shonen

Shonen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:34 AM

Well, if you didn't care about texturing, etc (ie. just an infinite flat ground), it shouldn't take long at all. All we need is a track editor, and most likely a patch so Forza will load it.

I don't know the exact specs of the TG track though, just that it generally takes ~1:20 for a supercar (and a third of that for a Harrier, lol).

#9 MarsGuy00

MarsGuy00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:48 AM

I'm a pilot. Since it is an runway, you should be able to find the dimensions online (in the even you'd have to emergency land, all specs of all registered runways are available somewhere). Once you have one runway's dimensions you can use that scale to find the others. I think it's something like dunsfurd or dunsford airport. i'll look for it.

ok, it's Dunsfold Aerodrome.

One runway has the numbers 07 one one end and 25 on the other.
The dimensions of that runway are 1880 x 45 M

Hope This Helped because i would LOVE this track in forza

#10 MarsGuy00

MarsGuy00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:52 AM

IPB Image

There's the track. i pieced parts together form Google Maps and kept the scale. hope it helps!

#11 Shonen

Shonen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:42 AM

Thank you MarsGuy! That is extremely helpful information... I have just made my own ultra high-res map as well (5809x3945) so I'll work on the scaling info..

Sorry this reply took so long, subscribe feature didn't work...

By the way, does anyone know of any track editors available to the public?

#12 Shonen

Shonen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

wtf, why can't I edit my last post?

anyway... the dimensions you posted for the runway, I assume the length is between the middle of the white lines?

#13 MarsGuy00

MarsGuy00

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

Umm, good question. I'm gonna say your right and the dimensions are between the lines below the numbers that look like (||07||), My flight instructor always tells me to pretend that extra runway isn't there because you always have to land beyond the white line you were talking about. I'm sure you can figure it out with the scale i put on the image.

A side note. This is an old picture i realized. "Top Gear" isn't on top of the hanger, and the track markings aren't there. There are also NO tire marks from all of the burnouts. That doesn't affect the sizing or anything just thought i'd point it out.

#14 happykillmore

happykillmore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:39 AM

We cant even edit forza tracks as far as i know so what would the point be? Prioritize. It would be pretty gay to have to find a way to convert the files because you modeled it a different format and cant even save it to a binary stereolithographic file. i would simply say pwnt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users