8 replies to this topic

#1 maastah

maastah

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 04:48 PM

I've got a Slayer installed Evox dash - I want to put all my apps on the F drive and leave the E: for games - Whats the best way to do this?

FTP or XBOXplorer?

Its a retail HD

Also, when I tried to do this with FLASHFXP - it didn't copy many of the files over.

Do I copy the whole APPS folder and replace everything that refers o E: to F: - or am I missing something?????

Confused

#2 AM4401

AM4401

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:16 PM

i dont think you can use the f drive unless you get a bigger hd. with the retail hd, you have to use the e drive. I dont know how many games you think your gonna be able to fit, but theres only like 5 gb on the e drive and that doesnt fit much.

#3 schmoli

schmoli

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:31 PM

I didn't use my retail hd much, but I thought they didn't have a f: drive at all? or is that only on some? (I'm almost positive my f: was empty) yay for 120gb drives.

#4 Doctor X

Doctor X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 03:29 AM

The F: Drive is only used for Larger Hard Drives that I am aware of. I know you can go in your setup file on the xbox and enable or disable it. It is pointless using the E: Drive if you want to store games. One game can contain 6.7 gigs of information. You really can't unlock the true capabilities of a mod chip without a larger hard drive. If you get a larger hard drive I can show you how to set up games on the F: Drve and applications on the other (E: Drive) It is set up in the evox.ini file. It is rather easy to do. As I said before the F: Drive is not used unless you have a replacement hard drive.

#5 ShadoX

ShadoX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:42 AM

http://www.xbox-scen...les/formatf.php

Follow that tutorial and your F will be availible for use.

#6 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:47 AM

There are 8GB and 10GB drives in the xbox, just luck depending on which one you get.
On the 10GB drive you can format F to get 2GB.
Warning though, th performance with that last 2GB isn't very good. I was sending at around 50KB/s compared to 5MB/s for the lower areas.

Going with a new drive is a better solution in the end.

#7 maastah

maastah

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 06:24 AM

I do intend to get a new HD, but for now I just want to use F for Apps and use E for 1 game - Enter the Matrix, which is just big enough to fit

#8 Quantum_Matt

Quantum_Matt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:49 AM

hey guys, sorry to bring an older post up (i think), but i have a dilemma that sort of relates to this post.

I just installed a new hard drive in my xbox, it's a 120GB Seagate 7200RPM 8MB Cache. It all works fine, my evox cd formatted it and make the partitions.

However, now i have a prob.

On the original xbox hard drive, i was able to copy enter the matrix over to the e: drive, nearly that is. It was like 200MB short on space.

I copied it over to my PC, until i got the new drive, which was yesterday. I tryed to copy it across to my newly formatted 100GB on F: drive, when i got the msg that 40 files failed to transfer, FTP error 426 Connection closed , file opening failed. Now i've done a bit of researching and apparently its got something to do with the filenames being longer then 43 characters.

The thing is, how come it allowed this on the original drive, but not on the new one?

the files that mainly fail to copy are all in the /Effects directors, and are all .txt documents.

If anyone has any information or help regarding this, i'd be only to happy to read it biggrin.gif

thanks

#9 Quantum_Matt

Quantum_Matt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

anyone wink.gif ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users