• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr007

Mr007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:30 AM

My samsung drive always seems to make a nasty grinding sound when the disc is spining down.It doesnt really scratch the disc but sometimes it does make marks on the disk.I wonder how i can fix it with some foam pad on the cage or just some simple cleaning.I used to have my 360 standing up but had to put it laying down when the grinding got worst and freezing got more frequent.

#2 Hopeful

Hopeful

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE(Mr007 @ Aug 30 2007, 01:06 AM) View Post

My samsung drive always seems to make a nasty grinding sound when the disc is spining down.It doesnt really scratch the disc but sometimes it does make marks on the disk.I wonder how i can fix it with some foam pad on the cage or just some simple cleaning.I used to have my 360 standing up but had to put it laying down when the grinding got worst and freezing got more frequent.

All I can tell you is be careful.

My sammy began having the same problem and gradually worsened, and finally crapped out completely.

Suddenly didn't play ANY original/backup/movie. This all happened within a couple of months.

Dumbfoundingly, no one seems to know the answer. Apparently no experienced modder has ever experienced this grinding or even knows what it is.

I've searched the board thoroughly and still haven't seen even one person clearly identify the problem.
http://forums.xbox-s...a...e=4&order=1

A lot of these grinding-sammy posts don't even have a single reply. Those that do, most aren't informative or helpful. Surprising since it's a huge problem.

#3 dkkev

dkkev

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

mine (ms25) does this also.. sounds like the break on the spin-engine thingme, doesnt catch on to well... at first i freaked out.. but it has never caused any problems - bar from the annoying sound,... has been doing it for 5+ months now.. and no scratches - drive does have problems reading original discs tho... - firmware is original and has never been modded...

im thinkin of trading it in for a elite (good'ish deal).. or simply sending it in for repairs..

#4 jamiem1987

jamiem1987

Arrogant Idiot

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

its a simple fix and applies to 28s + 25s, its the grip pad around the spindle motor so when the disc is lowered onto it when you eject, it slows it down, simply open up the drive and wipe off all the dirt(itl be obvious when you open it up) just use your finger or something it comes off easily i can only assume it comes off the discs over time. hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users