skateforjondoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:43 AM

Hey guys, I'm back again...With more trouble. After i softmodded my xbox with the MA exploit and put XBMC as my default dash i decided to make it a debug kit....so i got everything i needed... and ran into some trouble.

I followed this guide:....kinda:

http://www.xbox-scen...s/debug-xdk.php

Now i don't have xbmc as my default dash so where it says:

bert.xtf and ernie.xtf (leave them named as this)
* boot.cfg
* default.xbe (from Phoenix Bios Loader)
* phoenix.raw
* your chosen 1MB BFM Bios .bin file
* rename your original xboxdash.xbe file to "retailxboxdash.xbe"

I added evoxdash.xbe that comes in the signed Phoenix bios loader in the root C:\ drive so when xbmc boots i go to file explorer and load that, it loads,then i choose xdk dashboard and that this black screen shows up

http://tinypic.com/v...php?pic=4vqx3yg

So i didn't follow the guide all the way i gotta admit but...it did work fine up until the black screen above which is supposed to be when the Phoenix Bios Loader loads the BFM bios into memory

so i am askin the "scene" for help ....please helpppppp me smile.gif smile.gif

thanks smile.gif

Edited by skateforjondoe, 30 August 2007 - 04:49 AM.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hi,

I use the PBL 1.4 to obtain the same. I simply ftp'd the PBL package over to my e:\apps folder. So I got a e:\apps\phoenix folder.

I run the PBL from within my Unleashx dashboard. I tried to start Xbmc first, and I can also launch PBL from within Xbmc.

I read the tutorial. I don't understand how the Bert.XTF and Ernie.XTF fit in. As your xbox is already softmodded, you don't need a font exploit anymore. You can run PBL simply as a application.

PBL was used to softmod a xbox before the nkpatcher saw the light. Maybe that's were Bert and Ernie came from.

My xdk dashboard main xbe was called xshell.xbe (a 5558 version). It didn't conflict with the default xboxdash.xbe. So, I didn't had to rename the original one. It looks to me like renaming the original xboxdash.xbe might be dangerous for your softmod.

I found the debug RC4 code string in a yoshhi BFM bios version. I used a 5558 BFM bios. (the one that is loaded by the PBL)

Are you sure you got the right RC4 code. Did you check if the Eeprom code for your xbox type is in the PBL boot.cfg file?

there are 3 different EEPROM codes : EEPROMKey1_0 for a 1.0 xbox. EEPROMKey1_1 for a 1.1 - 1.5 xbox and EEPROMKey1_6 for a 1.6 xbox version.

I hope this helps.

regards.

#3 skateforjondoe

skateforjondoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

I'm pretty sure i got the right RC4 key...i got it outa *cough*some signed loader of sorts*cough*

and my boot.cfg file had orignally

EEPROMKey1_0
EEPROMKey1_1

but i deleted the whole EEPROMKey1_1 with the key because my xbox is version 1.0 so ya

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:28 PM

What debug bios are you using and what xdk launcher version?

#5 skateforjondoe

skateforjondoe

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:40 AM

hey guys i was just wondering if i could use this guide http://hydras-world....oxretailtodebug

and skip the mod chip install part(and just do it on a softmodded xbox instead)
and then do this

Extracting the required files from the XDKRecovery tool

Install WinRAR (I used v3.0) and start it up.

In WinRAR go to the location that you extracted the XBOX SDK to (i.e. the place that had xdksetup5558.exe in it) and double click (open) XDKRecovery5558.exe (yes, open, not run the .exe)

In it you'll find lots of files, most of which sit on the XBox.

Using WinRAR, extract all the files somewhere, e.g. d:\extractedxboxfiles, overwrite all files in destination folder (there are different versions of the same file in the XDKRecovery5558.exe file)

Installing XDK files to your XBox

Now we need add some files from the extracted XDK files to your current XBox backup folder (e.g. copy the following files from "d:\extractedxboxfiles" to "d:\My XBox")

Source (e.g. d:\extractedxboxfiles) Destination (e.g. d:\My XBox) Files to copy / Notes
\XDASH \C\ xshell.xbe only
\XDASH\data \C\data All files, recursive
\XDASH\images \C\images All files, recursive
\XDASH\media \C\media All files, recursive
\XDASH\sounds \C\sounds All files, recursive
\XDKSAMPLES \C\XDKSAMPLES All files, recursive
\XBOX \E\ dashboard.xbx and xbdm.dll
\DEVKIT \E\DEVKIT All files, recursive
\TDATA \E\TDATA All files, recursive

Now recursively upload all the files from your current XBox backup folder (d:\My XBox) to the XBox itself.

and instead of me using the xdk 5558 dash could i use 5849.6 because the 5849.6 has all of the stuff needed to be copied over to the xbox after exracted

i was wondering if i could do that... and it would work then...???
also when i launch the xdk dash, would it delete the xbmc dashboard i had and the other stuff on my hard drive or just leave it untouched...?

someone please help smile.gif
thanks smile.gif

#6 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:08 AM

Hi,

You don't need the XDKSAMPLES folder on the C partition.

You don't need to overwrite the TDATA folder on the E partition.

All the other stuff seems to be what you need.

My 5558 package had a separate SDK folder with all the stuff extracted already.

I will see if it is possible to extract the recovery disk iso with QWIX. I might learn something new here.

I didn't respond anymore yesterday because we seem to have a little timeshift...

Maybe you could test a little xbe and rename it Xshell.xbe on your C drive. That way, you can test your PBL and debug BFM bios. The application should come up if you start the PBL. If that works, you can concentrate on the debug dashboard.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users