• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rushpro1851

Rushpro1851

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Ok, I'm new to moding, and I would like to get my old Xbox Running, Here is the story:
My friend Dropped an xbox, then sold it to me for $50. The DVD drive was bent in, thus scratching disks, I then opened it and tried to fix the dvd drive, Got it working. While it was still open, after a few weeks I shorted something and fried the Hard Drive, Now, I have No DVD Drive (Fried the DVD drive too...) But it will still start, and before I destroyed the hard Drive it would un lock, but after I messed with it with Fdisk, it stoped working, and it's in some waste land.
So What I need is:
A Mod Chip that will work with ANY DVD Drive and an unformatted Hard Drive (I have a Two hard Drives to pick from, a 20GB and a 40GB) And with all this, also get XBMC running too.

Thanks in Advance!

(Ohh, I forgot to Say, I believe That I am using a 1.2 Xbox, The Mag Date is: 2003-06-17 And it was bought in Canada)

Edited by Rushpro1851, 30 August 2007 - 10:14 PM.

#2 spinyshooter

spinyshooter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:paintball, archery, computers, airsoft, hunting, jail, girls, and on top of it all my xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

in your situation it might actually be cheaper and easier to just buy a new (new to you) xbox for $25-50(US). sad.gif

also with the damage you did to it, you might have fried the motherboard also

#3 Rushpro1851

Rushpro1851

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

I know the mother board is in great shape and the PS is working too, I just hoped that I could mod it to bring it back to life as a network server/Http Server... It may be cheaper to buy used, but I then have to add the cost to mod it and so forth. Is there any way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users