• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 814k3

814k3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

Hey guys, I was hoping someone could help me find out how to convert vs6 win32 dsp files, to xbox dsp files. I tried changing the "# TARGTYPE" to the correct one by viewing a regular dsp made by the xdk, but that didn't produce any xbe files. Also, i was wondering how the xbox handles dll files. Does it convert all dll files to static libraries?

Also, if there's an IRC server for xbox-scene, I was looking for one of those too. Anyways, thanks for any help in advance.

#2 814k3

814k3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

Alright, well I did some more digging around, since it seems I'm not going to be spoonfed. tongue.gif

I opened up dophinclassic.dsp, and made sure my .dsp that is a win32 program project file, had #TARGTYPE changed to:

CODE
# TARGTYPE "Xbox Application" 0x0b01

I also changed some lines to look like these lines:

CODE
# ADD BASE CPP /nologo /W3 /GX /Ztmp /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "_USE_XGMATH" /D "_XBOX" /D "NDEBUG" /YX /FD /G6 /c
# ADD CPP /nologo /W3 /GX /Ztmp /O2 /I "..\..\Common\include" /D "WIN32" /D "_USE_XGMATH" /D "_XBOX" /D "NDEBUG" /YX /FD /G6 /c
BSC32=bscmake.exe

More specifically /D "_XBOX" was /D "_WINDOWS". I didn't add /D "_USE_XGMATH" because I'm not entirely sure what that does, and it seemed to want to create my .xbe files just the same. I figure xgmath is something that's maybe needed in the dolphinclassic project.

Anyways, it seems that what I need now is an Xbox equivalent of windows.h. I've noticed some registry stuff is bombing, and that there seems to be no NULL without windows.h. And again, if anyone would point me to an irc channel, or more importantly, some sort of tutorial for porting windows applications, I'd be forever greatful. Thanks again.

#3 SumolX

SumolX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

You can use stdlib instead as windows.h for NULL. I would bet windows.h references stdlib.h internally.

Edited by SumolX, 31 August 2007 - 11:12 PM.

#4 814k3

814k3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:43 AM

The program is already calling stdlib.h. It's using GetProcAddress too, and doing a bunch of stuff with the registry. Which brings another question: How does the xbox handle stuff like that? Should that just be made to save it to a local file? I suppose having it use tdata would be a better idea. I guess I'll be slogging through some more samples.

#5 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(814k3 @ Sep 1 2007, 01:19 AM) View Post

The program is already calling stdlib.h. It's using GetProcAddress too, and doing a bunch of stuff with the registry. Which brings another question: How does the xbox handle stuff like that? Should that just be made to save it to a local file? I suppose having it use tdata would be a better idea. I guess I'll be slogging through some more samples.

You can't use windows.h on the Xbox. You have to remove it from the project and remove/replace any code that relied on it. You will have to remove any windows specific code and replace it with Xbox equivilant functionality.

Here is some information that might be usefull:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=523954

Edited by nes6502, 01 September 2007 - 06:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users