• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 poopysock5001

poopysock5001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:13 AM

I have an Xecuter 3 with the X3 3294 BIOS, and recently decided to install linux. My xbox has been softmoded before as well, and I have a reasonable amount of experience with this. I just never tried Linux before. I have a 320gb hd, a 1.2 xbox, and am using Gentoox Loader v6.07 to install linux. I chose the native F install. During the installation I recieved an error saying that my E drive was not 4.5 GB. This was after it had formated F and was initializing the installation. Having already read that E needed to have this much free space, I cursed myself, rebooted, and went to free up some space. Upon loading UnleashX, I noticed all my settings were screwy (UnleashX was on my g partition). I went into file explorer, and it says my F drive has no space on it (had something like 120GBs before) and it doesn't even detect a G drive. I checked in my settings and confirmed that the F and G partitions were enabled (they are also enabled in my X3 bios). This makes no sense to me at all, mainly because unleash x is loading from the g drive. How could it not detect the partition that it is on? Im also pissed because I had over 150 gigs of data on G that will take me months to replace. I've already read that there are no tools to recover data from a fatx partition. This is incredibly disheartening, but if anyone could tell me what happened or offer some suggestions I would be incedibly grateful.

#2 poopysock5001

poopysock5001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

I booted into x3 config live, and reformatted F. Now back to 120.52GB instead of saying 0. Config live is detecting my G drive and reads the same amount of free space prior to when I tried to install Gentoox. I just have no way of accessing it. I tried installing UnleashX on E but still the same results. Any way I can get to this data?

#3 poopysock5001

poopysock5001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:29 AM

Ok, so I managed to fix this by restoring my E drive from an old backup. Not sure why this worked, maybe something to do with the TDATA and UDATA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users