• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#16 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:12 PM

Today it was my first try to softmod my xbox. I used the hotswap with "Ndure Installer For Pc 3.1" and all went fine. The only thing is, when I start the original microsoft dashboard from the Uleash menu, i get a xbox error message that something is wrong with the xbox. Another question is if I can add evo x dashboard too, so I can use both, uleah or evo x. Also I still have to find out how I can add apps in the uleash menu, soI don't have to start my apps from the file explorer.

#17 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:32 AM

In the left upper corner: "21"
"Service required Call customer support"

#18 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:43 PM

thats your shadowc.. copy retail C drive files from slayers disk to C drive.. Does your xbox boots ms dash with eject button?..

#19 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

Seems like I cannot write to C: on the hard disk. And since I have a component cable on my lcd tv I would like to configure the video settings there.

Edited by snakesnoke, 25 September 2007 - 02:58 PM.

#20 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

launch E:\ndts\default.xbe.. now delete C:\shadowc\shadowc.img and copy a fresh shadowc from your coputer to xbox's C:\shadowc\ folder.. ( shadowc.img is created by the installer in C folder).. now shadowc should be writable.. copy a fresh C drive files from slayers disk to shadowc..

#21 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

Thanks, it works.

Any idea why I have in the game Beyond Good & Evil this effect?

IPB Image

#22 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

*add* In the ms dash I can only configure the Video (Normal, Letterbox, Wide Screen) and PAL-60 (enable, disable). In the system settings of UnleashX there are modes like 480p, 720p & 1080i.

Not sure if I have to enable all of them and I read somewhere that you have to configure the video mode for the component cable in the ms dash. In xbmc I can't configure the video mode (I can only change the Video Aspect) and I can't see the entire Menu. It's cut down at the bottom.

If I load a XBox game from HD I can't reset the XBox with the eject button. I always have to power off the XBox. Any way to use the eject button as a reset?

The Live Update in UnleachX doesn't work. It downloads and at the end you only get the message "Unable to retrieve data from the server.".

Hopefully my last questions... :/

Edited by snakesnoke, 26 September 2007 - 06:43 PM.

#23 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:11 AM

the 1080i/720p option will show up if you convert the xbox region from PAL to NTSC.. I dont k ow if xbmc overwrites that.. you can ask in xbmc forum that if you can use hd settings without converting the xbox region..

about eject.. you need to IGR ( LT+RT+back+start).. nkpatcher is configured so that xbox doesnt reset on eject.. you can compile your nkpatcher with this settings disabled..

may be because server is down.. unleashx or any other dash doesnt have anything to do with softmod..

#24 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

How can I change to NTSC? When I start the Enigmah Video Switch via File Browser and switch to NTSC, after I reboot the XBox and another start of Enigmah it's PAL. I tried to make an "eeprom_off.bin" and still it doesn't work.

And I don't exactly understand your description about the eject button, sorry.

#25 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Ok, when I boot with E:\ndts\default.xbe I can change to NTSC with Enigma Video Changer and it keeps this setting.

Also when botting the MS Dash via File Explorer in E:\ndts\default.xbe the MS Dash keeps it's HD setting. So you have to change this things always this way.

Only question is now which HD resoltion to chouse. My Samsung LE-32R71B runs with all modes, but 1080i seems to be a bit slower. A friend told me that 1080i would be the wrong resolution for my LCD TV because it has only (1366 x 768) it's hd ready and can't support the full hd resolution. As I told you for me it's much sharper. *wonders*

#26 snakesnoke

snakesnoke

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

Now all three modes enabled in the ms dash and using 1080i for XBMC. Looks super clear and sharp. Maybe I'll switch to XBMC as the standard dashboard. The FTP of UnleashX seems to be faster though. But I don't see any other benefits of UnleashX? Need to check if you can customize the menu of XBMC and to let it automatically play music when start.

#27 dpr99

dpr99

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

i installed ndure 3.1 and when i use a component cable on a sd tv the picture is scrambled. I hooked it up to a hdtv and the picture is fine and in the xboxdash all the hd settings are disabled. so i think the high def or progressive settings are coded into nkpatcher. is there anyway to change this?

#28 dpr99

dpr99

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(dpr99 @ Sep 27 2007, 02:34 PM) View Post

i installed ndure 3.1 and when i use a component cable on a sd tv the picture is scrambled. I hooked it up to a hdtv and the picture is fine and in the xboxdash all the hd settings are disabled. so i think the high def or progressive settings are coded into nkpatcher. is there anyway to change this?

i figured it out. i created a NKP11_config.bin and commented out the force progressive setting.

#29 daviddrf

daviddrf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Sep 26 2007, 05:46 AM) View Post

launch E:\ndts\default.xbe.. now delete C:\shadowc\shadowc.img and copy a fresh shadowc from your coputer to xbox's C:\shadowc\ folder.. ( shadowc.img is created by the installer in C folder).. now shadowc should be writable.. copy a fresh C drive files from slayers disk to shadowc..

Hello, Iīve the same problem than snakesnoke but I still didnīt find the solution.
I want to start with Unleash X when I power on the Xbox with the little button and to start the Ms Dash when I start ejecting the tray. But after installing Ndure 3.1 I get Unleash X when I start ejecting the tray.
When kingroach says: "copy a fresh C drive files from slayers disk to shadowc.." does he mean to copy a clean C drive from Slayers to C:\shadowc (folder in C:\) in the Xbox Hard Drive???.
I installed Ndure 3.1 with the 2nd (of 5) Option at Xboxhdm. When I used the installer I tried this two configurations:
1. CORE FILES; SOFTMOD & NKPATCHER OPTIONS: Install Ndure Basic and Use Nkpatcher .06; KERNEL SELECTION : 4817; ADD UDDAE; CREATE XBOXHDM Installer.
2 . CORE FILES; SOFTMOD & NKPATCHER OPTIONS: Install Ndure Basic, Use Nkpatcher .06, Boot XBL dash with eject and Boot XBL dash with UDDAE; KERNEL SELECTION : 4817; ADD UDDAE; CREATE XBOXHDM Installer.
With these 2 configurations it didnīt worked for me. I have a 1.1 Xbox with a 80 GB Seagate Hard Drive. I also read the Ndure Installer For Pc 3.1 (the pdf too) and Xboxhdm For Dummies. ŋCould anyone help me please?. Sorry for my very big quote and my bad english reading/writing. Bye!

Edited by daviddrf, 30 September 2007 - 06:11 PM.

#30 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

When kingroach says: "copy a fresh C drive files from slayers disk to shadowc.." does he mean to copy a clean C drive from Slayers to C:\shadowc (folder in C:\) in the Xbox Hard Drive???.
No thats only to fix a non writable C:\ (shadowC only)

Boot XBL dash with eject and Boot XBL dash with UDDAE
you can only select one or the other.
also don't select basic

re-run the installer with a new set of MS files and use them
it's a lot faster to just use the NDTS and FTP the proper files to the real C:\

Edited by xman954, 30 September 2007 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users