X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Getting tea-bagged and gang banged
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:22 AM

ive been trying to find this file. can someone elaborate as to where its at? without the hoopwork of running around irc?

#77 doom6

doom6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:40 PM

I installed this softmod on another Xbox with the non-online, singleboot method. One problem though. How do I access the msdash to change video settings? Do I need to just disable virtual eeprom, and go into NTDS, so I can see the shadowc? What will the file for the original msdash be called?

Thanks!

#78 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(doom6 @ Aug 2 2008, 11:16 PM) View Post

I installed this softmod on another Xbox with the non-online, singleboot method. One problem though. How do I access the msdash to change video settings? Do I need to just disable virtual eeprom, and go into NTDS, so I can see the shadowc? What will the file for the original msdash be called?

Thanks!

Did the original unmodded xbox have msdash ver 5960? e:\ndts\default.xbe will temporarily disable virtual eeprom. What does this
CODE
non-online, singleboot method
mean? Did you invoke the ndure script with xbrowser during installation or your C drive was a total replacement with kingroach ndure's C folder?

Check if you have a xb0xdash.xbe (there's a zero) on C drive after you invoke ndts

#79 yogib-itsme

yogib-itsme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

I installed Ndure 3.1 (again: THANKS so much!) but without the LBA48 nkpatcher option.

Afterwards I stumbled upon an old IDE Seagate 200Gb drive that was lying around, so I used xboxhdm (and the tutorial on this site) to put that in.

Xboxhdm created an F: drive (120 Gb or so) and a G: partition that I cannot see (I saw it using xboxpartitioner). I guess I need to activate the LBA48 bios patch before I can use the G: drive.

I googled, read the readme's but I can't seem to figure it out. How do I enable the LBA48. Do I have to reinstall NDure 3.1? (I originally installled ndure without LBA48)

#80 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(yogib-itsme @ Aug 17 2008, 03:16 PM) View Post

I installed Ndure 3.1 (again: THANKS so much!) but without the LBA48 nkpatcher option.

Afterwards I stumbled upon an old IDE Seagate 200Gb drive that was lying around, so I used xboxhdm (and the tutorial on this site) to put that in.

Xboxhdm created an F: drive (120 Gb or so) and a G: partition that I cannot see (I saw it using xboxpartitioner). I guess I need to activate the LBA48 bios patch before I can use the G: drive.

I googled, read the readme's but I can't seem to figure it out. How do I enable the LBA48. Do I have to reinstall NDure 3.1? (I originally installled ndure without LBA48)

Might be simpler - enable G drive in unleashX.

Anyway the nkpatcher .67 option (F and G drives) is available from e:\ndts\default.xbe (Ndure toolset).

#81 yogib-itsme

yogib-itsme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Aug 17 2008, 10:50 AM) View Post

Might be simpler - enable G drive in unleashX.

Anyway the nkpatcher .67 option (F and G drives) is available from e:\ndts\default.xbe (Ndure toolset).

Thanks for the swift reply! Anyway, I enabled nkpatcher .67 in the ndure toolset. I know it works because I changed to retail and the CD open button launches the Xbox Live dash.

When I enable G in UnleashX I do not see a G: drive, but the F: seems empty [in UnleashX as well as xbmc]! (Ouch! I didn't dare to write to F:) Disableing G: and rebooting returned the F: drive back to "normal".

... now I'm confused!

#82 yogib-itsme

yogib-itsme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(yogib-itsme @ Aug 17 2008, 05:40 PM) View Post

When I enable G in UnleashX I do not see a G: drive, but the F: seems empty

Okay, so after reading more about nkpatcher .67, I figured out what .67 means, partition 6 (F) and 7 (G) become one big F:
Unfortunately, I seem to lose the data on partition 6 (old F) by enabling this.

So my question is: Can I enable G: whilst DISABLING nkpatcher .67 and use F: and G: as seperate partitions without dataloss??

#83 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

no Nkpatcher .67 means that you will get F and G drive and nkpatcher .06 means that only F drive will be present. If you want F and G drive, best method will be to disable G drive in unleahx so that you can access F drive and then backup F drive contents to your computer. Now, turn on G drive and format both F and G drive using "xbpartitioner".

#84 yogib-itsme

yogib-itsme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Aug 18 2008, 12:16 AM) View Post

best method will be to disable G drive in unleahx so that you can access F drive and then backup F drive contents to your computer. Now, turn on G drive and format both F and G drive using "xbpartitioner".

Okay, thats what I will try. Thanks again.

#85 yogib-itsme

yogib-itsme

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Aug 18 2008, 12:16 AM) View Post

Now, turn on G drive and format both F and G drive using "xbpartitioner".

Just reporting back the results for others:

Turning on nkpatcher .67 did not really help me as UnleashX refused to give me "G" even after enabling it in the settings/storage menu. Enabling Nkpatcher .67 did however increase F: to 180+Gb. (size of partition 6+7).

After formatting with UnleashX I ended up with a big partition 6 (F) with 180Gb. (16kb clusters). Because I was afraid of data corruption, I repartitioned/formated with xboxpartitioner to 120Gb F: and 50Gb G:

This seems to work in both UnleashX and XBMC...

Now I'm ftping back 50Gb...

#86 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:59 AM

Hey everyone, I just used the Ndure installer for the first time and I was able to successfully softmod my Xbox, but I didn't realize until afterwards that I was selecting too many options to allow for booting to the MS dash with the eject button. How would I go about installing the mod correctly now to allow for dual booting? I tried re-using the installer to create the appropriate files on my computer, and then I ftp'ed into the real C:, deleted everything, and uploaded the newly created C:, but I'm assuming that this wasn't the right thing to do because it didn't work (I get a service error when booting with the eject button). I can still boot into my regular dash with the power button, so I'm not too alarmed (yet), but I'd like to get this working. Thanks.

#87 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:05 PM

1. Backup your eeprom with e:\ndts\default.xbe and ftp to PC first.
2. Do you have a source of msdash files ver 5960? CASH 1.1 disc or Slayer's 2.7 will have those.

#88 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

Thanks ldotsfan. I tried using the ndts UnleashX to make a backup of my EEPROM, but I'm not sure where it stored it. I had already used ConfigMagic to backup my EEPROM before I started messing around with the files, so I'm assuming that this would suffice? I'd still like to know where UnleashX stores its EEPROM backup though for future reference. And I'm getting Slayer's 2.7 now, so just let me know what the next steps I need to take are. Thanks for your help.

#89 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:04 AM

Try E:\NKP11 for the eeprom location.

Next steps:
1. Disable shadow C through executing ndts's default.xbe
2. Ftp msdash files over to C drive.
3. Select nkpatcher retail setup in the installer. (Check the document that comes with kingroach installer)
4. Ftp contents of C folder created by Kingroach's Ndure installer to C drive, ensure ernie.xtf is copied over before xbox.xtf to hdd, both files are in xodash folder. Allow it to override any existing files.
5. Ftp contents of E folder over to E drive.

There might be a way to do it from within ndts itself but I can't recall now. Maybe if kingroach himself comes by, he'll be able to advise.

#90 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

In Slayer's 2.7, the msdash files are located at "/SYSTEM/ALL/c/", correct? Also, do these options look ok for the installer? Am I supposed to select Core files as well? And I'm choosing my own kernel in the selection?

IPB Image

Thanks.

Edited by AZImmortal, 12 October 2008 - 10:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users