X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Oct 12 2008, 05:36 PM) View Post

In Slayer's 2.7, the msdash files are located at "/SYSTEM/ALL/c/", correct? Also, do these options look ok for the installer? Am I supposed to select Core files as well? And I'm choosing my own kernel in the selection?

Thanks.

1. dash location is correct.
2. Options look Ok, you can refer to the pdf documentation or mouse-over the options.
3. If you know the kernel version, select the specific one. Otherwise generic one will be applied.

#92 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:38 AM

I tried to follow your directions, but when I got to overwriting the retail dash files with the ndure ones, I think the C: drive was too full and didn't allow all of the files to transfer over. I didn't realize this until after I restarted the Xbox, and now it can't get past the flubber animation. sad.gif I guess I'll have to recover the hard drive now, but is the C: drive getting too full a known problem?

#93 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Oct 13 2008, 03:14 PM) View Post

I tried to follow your directions, but when I got to overwriting the retail dash files with the ndure ones, I think the C: drive was too full and didn't allow all of the files to transfer over. I didn't realize this until after I restarted the Xbox, and now it can't get past the flubber animation. sad.gif I guess I'll have to recover the hard drive now, but is the C: drive getting too full a known problem?

1. Did you delete away everything on C drive prior to the copying of files?
2. Not to worry, with eeprom.bin on PC, you can always use xboxhdm to recover.
3. I think the pdf documentation mentioned about this:
CODE

First make sure that you do not have a 4 MB file called "settings_adoc.xip" in xboxdashdata.185EAD00 in "C" folder or C drive. If there is the 4 MB file, then delete it (but don't delete it if it's smaller)

Did you get down to reading the pdf before starting?

#94 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

I did read the pdf before starting, and I do remember reading the part about settings_adoc.xip, but forgot to check it when it came time to delete everything in the C: drive, which I did. Could that be the cause of the C: drive becoming full? Also, just for my own education, is there a reason why ernie.xtf has to be transferred before xbox.xtf?

#95 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Oct 14 2008, 12:43 AM) View Post

I did read the pdf before starting, and I do remember reading the part about settings_adoc.xip, but forgot to check it when it came time to delete everything in the C: drive, which I did. Could that be the cause of the C: drive becoming full? Also, just for my own education, is there a reason why ernie.xtf has to be transferred before xbox.xtf?

Not possible to tell now unless you have a file listing of C drive. Ernie.xtf before xbox.xtf? http://xguides.xbox-...ure XBE Exploit
something to do with the font exploit itself. Resultant is a blank screen.

#96 miazza

miazza

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Sep 17 2007, 07:19 PM) View Post

you can copy contents of XBMC folder to E:\dash\ to make it your default dashboard.

there is a shadowc in the xbox.. when you look into c drive using ftp, you see the shadowc which has original dashboard files in it.. you can see real C if you place a file called shadowc_off.bin in E:\NKP11\ folder or run E:\ndts\default.xbe

normally there is about 4 GB E drive. There you can store some movies/games.. Also if you have a seagate hard drive, then you can format F drive to get extra 2 GB on F drive..

What happens if the XBMC does not start and the default.XBE is overwritten with the XBMC one (I plan to use the XBMC Shortcut utility)?
The file called shadowc_off.bin can be any file with that name or there is a dedicated one ?
I've read that for having a shadow C write enble, I have to replace the shadowC.IMG with the one on the computer crated under NDURE\C\SHADOWC. Is this because the SHADOWC.IMG on the E folder is read only ?
What happens if I write a wrong file ?

Sorry if I'm making so many questions but it's the first time I play with a soft mod and I don't want to open again the XBOX for a new hotswap.

Thanks in advance.

miazza

#97 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:57 AM

What happens if the XBMC does not start and the default.XBE is overwritten with the XBMC one (I plan to use the XBMC Shortcut utility)?

You can boot using Frosty's or Slayers or CASH, or any boot disc, and use ftp to fix the problem.

The file called shadowc_off.bin can be any file with that name or there is a dedicated one ?

Any file. Why do you want to disable virtual C?

I've read that for having a shadow C write enble, I have to replace the shadowC.IMG with the one on the computer crated under NDURE\C\SHADOWC. Is this because the SHADOWC.IMG on the E folder is read only ?

Not sure what you mean. The standard virtual C is created in NDURE\C\ShadowC\, and is writeable. You just copy it across as part of the NDURE softmod.

#98 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

If the default.xbe started by the softmod is not a dashboard, it is possible that you need to fix it by connecting the xbox harddisk to a pc again. That's why it is important that you have a backup of the xbox eeprom.bin file. If the softmod can't locate a default.xbe, it will search alternative locations like the dvd drive for a valid file.

The softmod only checks the existance of that filename. The contents of the file don't matter. The location is different between nkpatcher10 and nkpatcher11. If you have a NKP11 folder on your E partition, you will need to place the file there.

With a wrong file, you will end up again with an unwritable shadowc partition. It is not the shadowc.img file on the E that is "read only", it is the one on the C in the "shadowc" folder. Even if that file contains nonsens, a format of the shadowc partition should solve the issue. If the file is only 5MB long, the shadowc partition will only have that size as well. (and the M$dash files won't fit on it.)
In a perfect world, you indeed don't need to touch the shadowc.img file. If you can't read and format your shadowc partition, you will need to fix it.

regards.

#99 miazza

miazza

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the help.
I have now installed XBMC as a default dash and I also decided that the Shadow C is not a major Issue because the file image was only 64 Mb.

When I use the default.xbe in the ndts folder, i see that there are about 250 Mb free space.
Does this mean that i can have a shadow C of 200Mb ?

Thanks

miazza

#100 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(miazza @ Oct 25 2008, 02:24 AM) View Post

Thanks for the help.
I have now installed XBMC as a default dash and I also decided that the Shadow C is not a major Issue because the file image was only 64 Mb.

When I use the default.xbe in the ndts folder, i see that there are about 250 Mb free space.
Does this mean that i can have a shadow C of 200Mb ?

Thanks

miazza

When you run ndts default.xbe you can see shadowC.img somewhere on C drive.

#101 stetho80

stetho80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Sep 1 2007, 01:46 AM) View Post

I just updated the Ndure 3.0 installer to 3.1.. The main change is the Nkpatcher 11_U04.. xman954's new nkpatcher warrented a new release.. main changes are:

NKpatcher 11_U04: Better nkpatcher with more functions. This version of nkpatcher is more modular. Its possible to change LED/Video/Fan/dashboard path/Retail-Basic settings on the fly by placing runtime config files in E:\NKP11\ folder.For a better description and changelog read NKP11_U04 readme.

Basic/Retail Option: Switching between Basic and Retail is done by nkpatcher. Setup creates same set of files for both installation.

XBOXHDM Installer: Fixed xboxhdm script bugs.

Clock Check: Clock check is disabled by default. It can be enabled by selectiong "enable clock check" option in softmod and nkpatcher settings.

eeprom backup: instead of evox.. this release includes eeprom_reader by xman954.. Which will backup the eeprom in E:\NKP11\ folder.. virtual eeprom also been moved to E:\NKP11\ so just backing up the eeprom will take care of virtual eeprom.

Ndure Installer: Completely recoded. Its more flexible and esier to use. No need to select kernel separately for font and ST.DB, selecting kernel once will reflect changes on other settings.

IPB Image
IPB Image

#102 stetho80

stetho80

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(kingroach @ Sep 1 2007, 01:46 AM) View Post

I just updated the Ndure 3.0 installer to 3.1.. The main change is the Nkpatcher 11_U04.. xman954's new nkpatcher warrented a new release.. main changes are:

NKpatcher 11_U04: Better nkpatcher with more functions. This version of nkpatcher is more modular. Its possible to change LED/Video/Fan/dashboard path/Retail-Basic settings on the fly by placing runtime config files in E:\NKP11\ folder.For a better description and changelog read NKP11_U04 readme.

Basic/Retail Option: Switching between Basic and Retail is done by nkpatcher. Setup creates same set of files for both installation.

XBOXHDM Installer: Fixed xboxhdm script bugs.

Clock Check: Clock check is disabled by default. It can be enabled by selectiong "enable clock check" option in softmod and nkpatcher settings.

eeprom backup: instead of evox.. this release includes eeprom_reader by xman954.. Which will backup the eeprom in E:\NKP11\ folder.. virtual eeprom also been moved to E:\NKP11\ so just backing up the eeprom will take care of virtual eeprom.

Ndure Installer: Completely recoded. Its more flexible and esier to use. No need to select kernel separately for font and ST.DB, selecting kernel once will reflect changes on other settings.

IPB Image
IPB Image

hey im new here so go easy!!
i have modded a few xboxs now over the years but am doing a few more, due to lack of funds and blank cd's i have made my usb flash drive bootable with "unetbootin-windows-282.exe" it boots fine but it cant find the cd "cos its not there lol"

anybody got any sugestions!!!! i would like to be able to change the scripts myself but not so confident is this going to be a mammoth task or is it going to be as simple as changing paths in some file to look for usb instead of cd dev!! ph34r.gif biggrin.gif hey my first post on here i normaly find what i want without asking ;-)

#103 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:03 AM

There is no direct port of xboxhdm for usb.. you can check out this usb edition:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=649031

#104 austinw

austinw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

#105 cbsef

cbsef

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:39 PM

hey guys,
i got the hotswap timing thing down, but was struck by an idea yesterday.

the thing is that the other day i saw a SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 adapter.
i was just wondering if i could hotswap the xbox hdd drive to my pc's usb port using this adapter, and run Xplorer360 to tranfer the ndure files over.

if this is possible, now hotswapping will work on laptops too happy.gif

i'll be getting the adapter soon, so i'll try this out soon.
any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users