kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:47 AM

it could work but you will need to keep powering the xbox hard drive using theh xbox power source.

#107 Rocker1

Rocker1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:54 PM

Ok well I tried to get UDDAE working to boot the Xbox dash on tray open.

It has never worked for me on the default install of Ndure3.1 retail.
I could get to Xbox dash through the menu but every time I tried the tray open boot I got error 21.

I followed the advice on the previous page copying with virtual C disable, enie.xtf before xbox.xtf... well upon reboot it goes to a blank screen and I cant access ftp or boot disks it would seem, what happened?

I might just forget the dual boot, seems more trouble than its worth, looks like I will have to crack the Xbox open again.

#108 reflexiv

reflexiv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

Hi, help please! I need to enable rgb (aka vga) output so I can connect my xbox to a projector using a VGA or RGB input (either one would work). I have used Ndure 3.1 with xboxhdm to softmod my box. The options I selected in Ndure were just the NkPatcher VGA, and Ndure Basic since I don't need to boot to the retail dash.
I think I got Ndure installed correctly on the Xbox: I can boot to UnleashX, but when I connect the hi-def pack to the RGB input or my Frozen Cable (VGA) to the VGA input of my projector I'm only seeing the green signal. This would be ok if all I wanted to play was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, I guess, biggrin.gif but I was kind of hoping to be able to see red and blue sometimes too!

I FTPd to the Xbox and checked the E:/NKP11 folder and saw that Ndure did create a video.bin file containing just the digit 3, which as I understand it should tell the bios to output an RGB signal. I also added that .bin file (I forget the exact filename) to disable the eeprom protection and then used the MS Dashboard to enable 480p, 720p, and 1080i output. Everything is still just green. I'm hoping there's something simple I missed that someone could help me with.

Thanks!
Andy

Edited by reflexiv, 29 December 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#109 BabyBenz84

BabyBenz84

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

I have Ndure 3.0 softmod on my hdd. Can I update to 3.1 by launching the ndure script from xbrowse in xboxhdm?

And then I just need to copy my entier backup folder to nkp11 and I should be able to access my ms dash right?

#110 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(BabyBenz84 @ Jan 4 2009, 03:24 AM) View Post

I have Ndure 3.0 softmod on my hdd. Can I update to 3.1 by launching the ndure script from xbrowse in xboxhdm?
And then I just need to copy my entier backup folder to nkp11 and I should be able to access my ms dash right?

1. Any specific reason why you want to change to Ndure 3.1?
2. Why did you think copying the backup folder to nkp11 is the correct way to access msdash? It isn't.

#111 BabyBenz84

BabyBenz84

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jan 3 2009, 09:22 PM) View Post

1. Any specific reason why you want to change to Ndure 3.1?
2. Why did you think copying the backup folder to nkp11 is the correct way to access msdash? It isn't.

Well, I am trying to figure out how I can access my MS dash and I was following this thread: http://forums.xbox-s...o...664143&st=0 because I am in a similar situation.

#112 ibook

ibook

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Hello all,

I need your help!

I just tried to install xbmc on an old xbox via a hotswap and was using the Ndure 3.1 installer followed by xboxhdm to make the bootable iso. I set the right kernel version for my xbox.

Everything seemed to go well with the hotswap until I noticed ndure give the following message:

"copying ndure files - no such file or directory

cp /cd/ndure/c/media/*
cp /cd/ndure/c/bios/*
cp /cd/ndure/e/dash/* "

When I reconnected the hdd back to the xbox & rebooting, the xbox gets stuck at the green xbox screen and doesn't go ahead.

I googled some more and realized the Ndure 3.1 installer I have is very very small, just 16 MB, and the linux.iso I get is only 48MB, it should actually be about 400MB.

I re-ran the Ndure3.1 installer and it says it needs about 400MB but puts down only about 48 MB. So I am definitely missing some files here and don't know what.

Can you please help me create a complete Ndure3.1 setup? I'm new to modding and this is my first mod attempt.

Is there any hope for my xbox?

Cheers,
ibook

#113 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:02 AM

Kingroach is fine at 16MB. When you run Kingroach it makes a C folder of ~364MB and an E folder of ~15.4MB, and you use those to make the iso. If it doesn't do that then try downloading Kingroach again.

Edited by Heimdall, 09 March 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#114 ibook

ibook

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

Thanks Heimdall, the sizes were what I needed to confirm. I had run NDure in a VMware virtual machine with limited disk space the first time, I tried it on a pc now.

I downloaded NDure 3.1 again and tried the process and I get a 400 MB iso file as you said.

Now my problem is the xbox itself. I had used the audio exploit to unlock the hard drive before. How do I unlock it now? It just boots up and stays at the green X screen. If I press the eject button it seems to flicker/blank the screen and returns to the X screen. I can't access the original xbox dash to play the audio file and unlock the drive.

My options are:

- Should I try hot swapping on the green X screen and re-installing Ndure ? How can I know if the drive is unlocked in this case?

- Should I do a hot swap and simply copy the missing directories to the xbox drive, that were not copied before?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
ibook

Edited by ibook, 10 March 2009 - 12:49 AM.

#115 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

You need to disconnect the DVD drive to force Error 12, then hotswap the hard drive around the time the Microsoft logo appears, but before the error screen appears.

How you replace the files depends on how you built the xboxhdm disc, but either way you replace all of the files. If you put the stock C in linux/C and the ndure files in linux/ndure then do it as described in this post.

If you built the Kingroach files on top of the stock C, then you put the complete C (stock + Kingroach) in linux/C and the Kingroach E in linux/E, run xboxhdm, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 2 - Rebuild C partition on existing Xbox drive.

#116 ibook

ibook

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

Thanks Heimdall, sounds like there is hope for my xbox after all!

Where are the "stock C" files? I downloaded the Slayer & AID iso's and see:
- a C folder under "System\All" on Slayer
- an ms-c.zip file under Files\Dash in AID

Are any of these the "stock C" that you mentioned?

The process I followed to build xboxhdm was: run the ndure3.1 installer, install it to "xboxhdm\linux\ndure", then run make-iso-win.bat to create the iso.

So to confirm, I think I should follow the first technique you mentioned?

I'm afraid I did not understand the second technique you mentioned "If you built the Kingroach files on top of the stock C", not sure how to do that.

Cheers,
ibook

PS: I forgot to mention in my first post that during the initial install, ndure displayed a message that it was creating a backup, I don't know where on the disk this backup is, or if it can be restored.

Edited by ibook, 12 March 2009 - 12:00 AM.

#117 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Yes, they are the stock C files, and yes, use the first technique.

#118 ibook

ibook

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

Heimdall you are a genius!! I did exactly as you said and it worked ! :-)

Once I had the orange unleashx screen I replaced the default dash with xbmc. I love the network streaming!

The next step is to do a fan mod and upgrade the hdd. Is there any way of getting the eeprom through a software utility or is this only possible by hooking into the xbox hardware?

I noticed that I cannot boot into the MS dash anymore, even by booting with the eject button. In case I want to play the occasional xbox game is there any way of doing so?

Thank you again for your help. You have saved my xbox!

Cheers,
ibook

#119 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:30 AM

You can get the eeprom from Config Magic, or xman954's eeprom dumper, or by running Evox dash as an application.

You aren't getting dual boot because you selected too many options when you built the Kingroach files! To get dual boot to MS Dash to work just run E:\ndts\default.xbe (the LED will turn red) then select Install Menu - NDURE Retail.

You should also boot normally, and copy the stock 5960 C dash to the C drive (which should now be the empty shadow C), then you'll be able to get to the MS dash directly from the XBMC file manager.

But you don't NEED to do any of that, because the Xbox will run games without booting to the dash - just put the game disc in the drive and reboot, or run it from the XBMC file manager, or from the icon on the XBMC main screen (not sure if that last one appears on all skins).

Or, once you have the large disk fitted use DVD2Xbox to copy the games to the F/G partitions, then you can run them direct from XBMC. smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 16 March 2009 - 02:32 AM.

#120 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:46 AM

The next step is to do a fan mod
NKPatcher does allow you to set the fan speed from 20% to 100% (keep in mind if you add/change fans as you can control them)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users