• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deputy Moonman

Deputy Moonman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

I finally went out and purchased the pro console with HDMI cables. The HDMI cable has a switch for high def. and regular TV. I don't have a high def. television set and my DVD player is currently using the component connections on my television. This leaves me with only AV cable plug-ins, since there is no S-video cable with the console. Okay, bear with me. What I do have is a cheap s-video adapter that I was using with my old xbox, but it also has a 360 connection cable.

What I want to know is whether I can go ahead an use the S-video with my 360, or will that somehow interfere with my 360 since the s-video cable doesn't have a switch b/w regular and high def?

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but with all the problems people are having with their consoles I really want to be careful.

#2 Deputy Moonman

Deputy Moonman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

I was just looking at the Xbox360 Audio/Video F.A.Q, which I should have done in the first place. It still doesn't tell me whether I should worry that the S-video cable doesn't have a switch b/w high def. and reg. def.. I guess I could just plug it in and see if it works. Hope it doesn't screw anything up.

#3 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(Deputy Moonman @ Sep 1 2007, 03:18 PM) View Post

I finally went out and purchased the pro console with HDMI cables. The HDMI cable has a switch for high def. and regular TV. I don't have a high def. television set and my DVD player is currently using the component connections on my television. This leaves me with only AV cable plug-ins, since there is no S-video cable with the console. Okay, bear with me. What I do have is a cheap s-video adapter that I was using with my old xbox, but it also has a 360 connection cable.

What I want to know is whether I can go ahead an use the S-video with my 360, or will that somehow interfere with my 360 since the s-video cable doesn't have a switch b/w regular and high def?

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but with all the problems people are having with their consoles I really want to be careful.

Are you sure? As far as I know only the component cables have the "TV/HDTV" switch. An HDMI most certainly should not have this type of switch. I am assuming that you have one of those universal type cables that works with several different types of consoles yes? It should work fine through s-vid as long as it was designed for the 360, and no it wouldn't have a "TV/HDTV" switch either, since s-video does not produce an HD signal.

Edited by SphtKr76, 02 September 2007 - 02:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users