Photo

Cmos Battery? Time Settings Reset When Unplugged!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 optikshell

optikshell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:44 PM

here is the deal. i put a matrix mod chip in for a friend... i've done about 10 of these so far. the thing is... if i unplug the box and plug it back in a few minutes later i get error 16.

i figured out that the reason this is happening is because the time/date settings are getting reset or lost. when this happens the box tries to boot directly to the ms dashboard where the time and date settings are. this causes a problem because with the modchip and the upgraded hard drive the EvolutyionX dashboard is booted first... causing the error 16 (can't find original dash board).

question is: is there a battery of sorts that i can replace in this thing... or is the box bad?

i asked the owner of the box if he always had to reset the time and date, and he told me that every time he unplugged it he had to reset the time and date.

i need some help. thanks in advance.

#2 dataprep

dataprep

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:46 PM

I think there is an option in evox setting that says jumptodash or something along those lines, if you set it to No or anything to do with the time to No then i'm pretty sure it won't try to go to ms dash.

Option 2 - You could boot evox from f: or e: and have the c: untouched so if it does decide to go to ms dash it can.

Edited by dataprep, 04 June 2003 - 09:48 PM.

#3 pyro88

pyro88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, programming, computer modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:50 PM

if everytime u unplugg it it doesent work then it is the battery. That use to happent to my computer but then i installed a new battery and it worked.

#4 dataprep

dataprep

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:57 PM

if everytime u unplugg it it doesent work then it is the battery. That use to happent to my computer but then i installed a new battery and it worked

when i had the motherboard out it didn't have a battery on it, i could be wrong though.

#5 pyro88

pyro88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, programming, computer modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:59 PM

u mean u couldnt find the battery spot or there was no battery in the battery spot? cause if there is no battery in the battery spot then u need to put one there.

#6 Tsharkou

Tsharkou

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:Modding consoles.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2003 - 10:00 PM

The problem isn't the dashboard itself but something in the chip installation. It sounds like the matrix is coming loose at times (been known to happen) start hard wiring your D0 connection and you should be fine. Trust me I have done hundreds of box with every damn chip available and TSOPs here in Japan. The fact that you are unplugging it really has nothing to do with why evoxdash.xbe isn't loading, but if your chip isn't aligned (slip off) right your original bios will take over and if the HHD isn't lock or you don't have and xboxdash or msxboxdash.xbe then you will get an error 16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users