5 replies to this topic

#1 markfitz

markfitz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

Had a problem with a friends MS28. Brand new xbox 360. Played originals fine. Flashed it with ixtreme 1.2. And backed a few of there games up. Using verbatim media.

During gameplay of a backup. At any given random point "disc unreadable" pops up on the right. And the console must be rebooted.

I cannot remember if i used quiet or fast ixtreme. Could this be an issue. If i try it with the 1 i am not using ? Or is it another problem.

ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

PS: the Media is fine. burned on my pinoneer drive correctley backed up from a 360 drive. And work fine on my console.

Edited by markfitz, 03 September 2007 - 03:51 PM.

#2 xxXChris UkXxx

xxXChris UkXxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

If its a 'dirty disk error' then it could be a bad burn etc . But if its a 'Disk unreadable' then it could be a hard drive problem , try clearing the cache .

#3 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

Also try cleaning the laser if problems persists after trying ^'s tips

#4 -PK-

-PK-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:40 AM

disc unreadable also happens with extremely bad burns, like from a dieing burner or really bad media.

#5 -PK-

-PK-

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:10 AM

I just noticed the question with quiet/fast fw, the quiet version should help with read errors.

#6 markfitz

markfitz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

Yeah its "Disk unreadable"

The media is 100% ok. They are verbatim and work fine on any other xbox 360 drive. I have done backups for other people who have there drive flashed and never had a complaint yet. Also tried his games on my 360 and play flawlessly, and visa versa mine did the same thing on his. Im thinking its the hard drive ill have to wait till he is back of nights thou to pop round and take a peak.

Thanks for the help ill repost when i find the solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users