• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:smashing,fixing,smashing,fixing, it goes on
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE(J^^ @ Sep 3 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post

Here is a quick and easy way to convert an MKV to an MP4 for the 360...

1. Using MKVmerge demux the video and audio from your MKV file.

2. Using whichever software you choose, convert the audio to MP4 (remember it has to be 2 channel AAC LC). This can be done with a number of different programs.... choose whichever one you are most familiar with (ie. meGUI, foobar2000 (with the proper plugins), etc.)

3. Using h264info change the level of the video (the .h264 file) to 4.1 (This will not re-encode the video so it will only take a few minutes to re-write). Make sure that the output filename is different than the input or it will fail.

4. Using MP4Box or YAMB (to avoid command lines) remux the video and audio.

That's it! You are now ready to play the new file without suffering though a lengthy re-encoding process!

Remember that this only works if your video bitrate is already below the max of 10 Mbps (with resolutions of 1920x1080 and a framerate of 30fps).

Hope this saves some of you lots of time!

hi i cant get h264info to work at all gives me a runtime error or a 1k file after it runs help!

have downloaded various releases from sourceforge and used the 1 in gotsent folder no joy

what am i doing wrong ??

anybody biggrin.gif

#182 deviledegg

deviledegg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

When I try to use h264info it comes up with an error reads CCE Executable not associated with EdCCE and I don't know what to do

#183 tuckeratlarge

tuckeratlarge

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

not wishing to be unappreciative to the people that upload movies and TV for us to download, but...

so we don't have to feck about with countless little apps that may or may not work and jump through hoops to get the files to play on the 360, just release the stuff as avi files like normal dvd rips.

i have tried, and failed with so many different sets of apps and tutorials I have given up and will no longer be downloading mkv. What the hell do we need this format for anyway - avi is good enough for hi-def.

Or someone who knows what they are doing just produce an app that you put mkv in and get avi out, no options, no fecking about, just does it.

sorry for the rant but this just smacks of early linux when you had to be a super-nerd to use it, for no other reason than to exclude the ordinary man-in-the-street and keep it in an exclusive club. Most people will just think you are a wanker and not the great master of the PC you think you are.

MKV sucks arse and should be eradicated from the interwebs as the crapware it is.

#184 ejarex

ejarex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

MKV sucks arse and should be eradicated from the interwebs as the crapware it is.

Yea, mkv sucks, but there ir nothing we can do sad.gif

#185 Metsada

Metsada

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

GoTsent will do it all, even the splitting.

Download GoTsent

#186 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(ejarex @ Mar 16 2008, 10:26 PM) View Post

Yea, mkv sucks, but there ir nothing we can do sad.gif

The technology is fine it is the user that fails to mater it or at least understand the basics that SUCKS.

I mean someone invented this tool/software, spending countles hours writing code, then gave it all away for free to the entire world, of which millions have found ways to use it to their own benefit, evenn backing up digital media for others that don't have the understanding or patience to backup their own media, but yet still becuase it hasent been dumbed down to the most infinet degree, we hear comments like those quoted above...errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm glad it sucks.

Thats why its free, and not yet illeagle.

#187 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

If I have an already ripped video of High bitrate (>10 mbps) how can I lower it without transcoding?

#188 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Any Ideas Why This Wont Playback on the 360?

Thanks

General #0
Format : MPEG-4
Format/Info : ISO 14496-1 version 2
Format/Family : MPEG-4
File size : 2.79 GiB
PlayTime : 1h 5mn
Bit rate : 6113 Kbps
StreamSize/String : 1.66 MiB
Encoded date : UTC 2008-05-04 14:45:29
Tagged date : UTC 2008-05-04 14:49:05
Encoded_application : Nero AAC codec / Aug 6 2007

Video #0
Codec : AVC
Codec/Family : AVC
Codec/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Codec profile : High@L4.1
Codec settings, CABAC : Yes
Codec_Settings_RefFrames : 8
Bit rate mode : VBR
Bit rate : 5852 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 16.4 Mbps
Width : 1280 pixels
Height : 544 pixels
Display Aspect ratio : 2.35
Frame rate mode : CFR
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Chroma : 4:2:0
Interlacement : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.351
StreamSize/String : 2.68 GiB
Title :
Encoded date : UTC 2008-05-03 14:49:19
Tagged date : UTC 2008-05-03 14:52:41

Audio #0
Codec : AAC LC
Codec/Family : AAC
Codec/Info : AAC Low Complexity
Bit rate mode : VBR
Bit rate : 258 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 350 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits

#189 KlownNc

KlownNc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

ok this may be REALLY dumb but ive used gotsent correctly (renamed the files smaller, files are 720p etc etc) yet when i convert them (using the split function) it gives me 2 smaller (split) mkv files, not mp4. so im pretty much back where i started only with 2 half the size. can someone help me out here? ive read all these online tutorials yet ive never seen anyone mention this problem...

#190 Jaidee

Jaidee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

KlownNC, a couple of questions so we can see if we can pin down your problem a little:

Why are you splitting the files? What settings are you using in GOTSent? Any chance of a screencap of the settings you've used? Do you have NeroAACEnc in the GOTSent folder?

#191 b4zzy

b4zzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:02 AM

I am at the moment developing an application that will basically do all this for you at the click of one button.

Features include:

-Automatic decision of file splitting, eg over 4GB or is DVD9 rip.
-Application will tell you if a specific file will be compatible for xbox and ps3.
-Split files that are just above the 4GB threshold can be split into 2 files as this is the most common reason most files dont play, all my 720p mp4s work flawlessly.
-Credits can also be cut to reduce the size for files that creep just above 4GB
-Application detects and accepts both AC3 and DTS
-Bitrate can be adjusted
-Application will be able to guesstimate the size of the audio and let user know if file is playable.
-Application is a lot more user friendly then others available

Its not complete yet but will be in a few days and posted here first.

b4zzy

#192 Jaidee

Jaidee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

Hey b4zzy, cani just say thaks in advance for the work you're doing on this. I'm sure I speak for may when I say that your work will be appreciated greatly.

Can I ask a couple of questions about your program?

1) Will it support 5.1 AC3 re-encoding to Stereo with Dolby Prologic II? This is a major pain in the arse for me at the moment, as currently GOTSent, (using AC3Filter as the decoder and NeroAACEnc as the encoder), seems to produce a very flat sound when downmixing to stereo.

2) Will it deal with the relabelling of the .h264 stream and demux / remux?

Awesome, thanks!

#193 b4zzy

b4zzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Jaidee @ Jul 12 2008, 12:01 PM) View Post

Hey b4zzy, cani just say thaks in advance for the work you're doing on this. I'm sure I speak for may when I say that your work will be appreciated greatly.

Can I ask a couple of questions about your program?

1) Will it support 5.1 AC3 re-encoding to Stereo with Dolby Prologic II? This is a major pain in the arse for me at the moment, as currently GOTSent, (using AC3Filter as the decoder and NeroAACEnc as the encoder), seems to produce a very flat sound when downmixing to stereo.

2) Will it deal with the relabelling of the .h264 stream and demux / remux?

Awesome, thanks!

Hi,

Yes it does already does apply Dolby Pro Logic to AC3 files when converting to stereo, but not to DTS as of yet.

It does this through besweet commandline and neroaac.

I don't understand your second question but I will give it a go, The application will demux all files from MKV, convert audio, "downlevel" the video, IF required, and then mux them back up into an mp4.

In this process it is possible to choose the audio bitrate, cut credits and force split if incompatible DVD5 rip. If it is a DVD9 rip it will automatically cut the video into 2 files.

As of yet, the application has been able to convert 9 MKV TV episodes, 2 DVD9 rips, and about 7 DVD5 rips and 1 incompatible (oversized) DVD5 rip into playable files on the xbox 360.

Will just need to tweak a few things before I release it today

#194 mandgands

mandgands

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:09 AM

Congratulations on the release b4zzy, saves a lot of time and effort when converting MKV's.

Is there going to be any option in the future for the program not to split files above 4GB or DVD9 rips?

I am in the minority in that i dont stream my HD files to my 360, i much prefer to play them from DVD. I have quite a few DVD9 rips and files around 6-7GB, and would prefer to have the complete file on a DL DVD rather than have 2 DVD's and having to swap halfway through a film.

On a side note, i am using your program now to convert I Am Legend, and it is VERY quick, takes about half the time it takes me to constanly change programs and settings.

Many thanks

#195 gta15

gta15

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(b4zzy @ Jul 12 2008, 12:25 PM) View Post

Hi,

Yes it does already does apply Dolby Pro Logic to AC3 files when converting to stereo, but not to DTS as of yet.

It does this through besweet commandline and neroaac.

I don't understand your second question but I will give it a go, The application will demux all files from MKV, convert audio, "downlevel" the video, IF required, and then mux them back up into an mp4.

In this process it is possible to choose the audio bitrate, cut credits and force split if incompatible DVD5 rip. If it is a DVD9 rip it will automatically cut the video into 2 files.

As of yet, the application has been able to convert 9 MKV TV episodes, 2 DVD9 rips, and about 7 DVD5 rips and 1 incompatible (oversized) DVD5 rip into playable files on the xbox 360.

Will just need to tweak a few things before I release it today

Hey B4zzy any update? i'm drooling here at the thought of this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users