failurbydesign

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:00 AM

handbrake supports mkv files now...works like a champ...BEST CONVERTER U CAN USE

#212 run187

run187

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

win avi works well fo me rest of my files i find easier to put in nero vision
tx for the handbrake thing ill give try when im more awake smile.gif ..

#213 hahahahohoho

hahahahohoho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(J^^ @ Sep 3 2007, 09:32 PM) View Post

Here is a quick and easy way to convert an MKV to an MP4 for the 360...
1. Using MKVmerge demux the video and audio from your MKV file.

wait a second -- there is no demux option.. are you saying that i should mux two different .mkv files, each with the video and audio separated? that doesn't sound right at all, so i'm assuming that's not what you meant since i've heard many cite a "h264" file and such..

i've tried the linux command line installation, the linux gui, and the windows gui, and nowhere in any menu, in any tab, in the --help option, or in the options is there anything indicating "demux".. i apologize for not exactly knowing what you're talking about, but four or five other people have had this exact same problem and you've simply ignored them. i'm about 80% sure you'll ignore me too, but what the fuck, it's worth a try, eh?

is it that i am installing the wrong version? were you using an older version of MKVmerge? all i want to know is where the option/button/command line option is to demux, that's all.

thanks in advance for any help!

you know, you really should edit your original post:

QUOTE(Mike4 @ Dec 13 2007, 05:16 AM) View Post
you didn't mention the fact that you have to actually demux the video first with MKVextract. This may seem obvious, but for a beginner, this is a very crucial step.

isn't it pointless to confuse people? wasn't the point of a tutorial to help people? this guy already solved your mistake, and you couldn't even edit your post to help a few newbies out? jesus christ..

Edited by hahahahohoho, 13 February 2010 - 11:57 PM.

#214 NeedFree

NeedFree

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I use MelodyCan. It is the best, easiest and fastest converter I found. You can try it)

#215 asics shoes

asics shoes

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

sad.gif

#216 noomski2

noomski2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting "MP4Box.exe has stopped working" towards the end of the conversion with GOTsent?

#217 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

I've found something that seems to ACTUALLY WORK, and it's super easy!!!

After failing to get media player to communicate with my 360 reliably... After trying half a dozen MKV converters that either completely fail or generate a choppy unwatchable video...

I heard about a program called Vuze. All I had to do was install it and turn on my 360. My Xbox 360 shows under devices and I just drop in a MKV video and it converts it. Only downside is it takes about 3 hours to convert a 90 minute movie but unlike EVERYTHING else I've tried, it actually works!

Did I mention it ACTUALLY WORKS!

#218 vanessa.taylor23

vanessa.taylor23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

It sounds a nice tool, but I want one that can supports Windows, Can any1 give me an answer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users