X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:44 PM

i too getting artifacts, used GOTsent

i managed to convert a 720p movie which worked perfect.
converted a 1080p movie with subtitles and getting artifacts....

e.g.
IPB Image

IPB Image

#77 meppy

meppy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:24 AM

Did u do something different with the 720p? i cant even get that to convert with out getting artifacts

#78 J^^

J^^

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(redwolf @ Dec 9 2007, 07:20 PM) View Post

i too getting artifacts, used GOTsent

i managed to convert a 720p movie which worked perfect.
converted a 1080p movie with subtitles and getting artifacts....

e.g.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Are you making sure that the bitrate is within the guidelines.... a 1080p would probably be too high if it was done properly..... that could be the reason for your artifacts. I have used the origional method I first posted over and over and over again without problems.... GOTsent has worked maybe 25% of the time I've used it..... That may be an issue as well?

#79 Mike4

Mike4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(ChileanGuy @ Dec 6 2007, 05:05 PM) View Post

The strangest thing happens when i use gotsent: While i'm monitoring the folder where the output file is supposed to appear at the end of the process, it actually appears, but when gotsent is "done", it dissapears. So basicaly i get nothing.

I have the same exact problem here. It appears as if everything is processing properly, but it won't give an output file. It clearly demuxes the files and removes them when it's done, but there simply does not finish with a completed file. It just says the encoding is finished.

I can really see GOTSent being the simple one click tool we need, but I can't find any other buttons or options to try and figure out what the problem is.

Edited by Mike4, 10 December 2007 - 08:31 AM.

#80 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(J^^ @ Dec 10 2007, 06:18 AM) View Post

Are you making sure that the bitrate is within the guidelines.... a 1080p would probably be too high if it was done properly..... that could be the reason for your artifacts. I have used the origional method I first posted over and over and over again without problems.... GOTsent has worked maybe 25% of the time I've used it..... That may be an issue as well?

converted movie playes fine on PC but not on Xbox 360...

yes the bitrate are under the max setting (8000kb appox) only thing i can think of is maybe this movie has subtitle. i can see GOTsent extracts 3 files which are movie, sounds & subtitles. there isn't any option in GOTsent to get rid of subs, you must choose one.

CODE

Format               : Matroska
File size            : 7.94 GiB
PlayTime             : 1h 47mn
Bit rate             : 11 Mbps

Video #0
Codec                : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec/Info           : MPEG4 ISO advanced profile
Bit rate             : 8580 Kbps
Width                : 1920 pixels
Height               : 1040 pixels
Aspect ratio         : 16/9
Frame rate           : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)   : 0.176

Audio #0
Codec                : AC3
Bit rate             : 640 Kbps
Bit rate mode        : CBR
Channel(s)           : 6 channels
Sampling rate        : 48 KHz
ChannelPositions     : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, Subwoofer
Language             : English

Audio #1
Codec                : FLAC
Bit rate mode        : VBR
Resolution           : 16 bits

Text #0
Codec                : UTF-8
Codec/Info           : UTF-8 Plain Text
Language             : Dutch

Text #1

not sure but i tried the origial method (page 1) but had issue to get one of the program to work(forgot which one). but when i get home today i'll try the manual way again.

Edited by redwolf, 10 December 2007 - 02:04 PM.

#81 ze_olc

ze_olc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

it is a h.264 profile problem; no matter what gotsent does to make the video readable by the xbox (mainly by changing the profile tag in the file), it simply wont play normally.

#82 Goodgsheppard

Goodgsheppard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(redwolf @ Dec 10 2007, 02:26 PM) View Post

converted movie playes fine on PC but not on Xbox 360...

yes the bitrate are under the max setting (8000kb appox) only thing i can think of is maybe this movie has subtitle. i can see GOTsent extracts 3 files which are movie, sounds & subtitles. there isn't any option in GOTsent to get rid of subs, you must choose one.

CODE

Format               : Matroska
File size            : 7.94 GiB
PlayTime             : 1h 47mn
Bit rate             : 11 Mbps

Video #0
Codec                : MPEG-4 AVC
Codec/Info           : MPEG4 ISO advanced profile
Bit rate             : 8580 Kbps
Width                : 1920 pixels
Height               : 1040 pixels
Aspect ratio         : 16/9
Frame rate           : 23.976 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)   : 0.176

Audio #0
Codec                : AC3
Bit rate             : 640 Kbps
Bit rate mode        : CBR
ChannelPositions     : Front: L C R, Rear: L R, Subwoofer

Audio #1
Codec                : FLAC
Bit rate mode        : VBR
Resolution           : 16 bits
Text #0
Language             : Dutch

Text #1

not sure but i tried the origial method (page 1) but had issue to get one of the program to work(forgot which one). but when i get home today i'll try the manual way again.

Have You tried to use mkvmerge to get a mkv File from that with just one Ac3 File and the h264 file before using gotsent?

#83 Physick

Physick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:16 AM

I have converted over 50 720p mkv movies in Gotsent and only two had issues. They play great on my Ps3 and 360. Seems the PS3 renders MP4 a little better though. I use the Nero AAC plugin and have had no sound issues(other than no true 5.1).

#84 eclipsespyder

eclipsespyder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Physick @ Dec 12 2007, 02:52 AM) View Post

I have converted over 50 720p mkv movies in Gotsent and only two had issues. They play great on my Ps3 and 360. Seems the PS3 renders MP4 a little better though. I use the Nero AAC plugin and have had no sound issues(other than no true 5.1).

Did you ever had the problem where there is no file in the output directory after the convertion?
Except GotSent, Halli Media Spliter and the AC3Filter, do you install something else?

Thanks!

#85 Goodgsheppard

Goodgsheppard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Physick @ Dec 12 2007, 02:52 AM) View Post

How do you use the NEro aac Plugin in Gotsent?

#86 Dangelus

Dangelus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:23 PM

Gotsent is a great little package. The problem with it (and I think the developer is working on this) is that there is very little in the way of instructions or a tutorial in how to set it up.

It took me a while to configure it all perfectly but I did it.

1) you must have ac3filter installed to have any hope of it working.
2) you must have ac3filter configured correctly. ie have it set up to output 2ch stereo and handle dts.
3) you must put neroAacEnc.exe in your gotsent folder. you can use 'safe sync' option but that isn't as good and only handle ac3...
4) make sure the '4gb split' option is ticked
5) some MKVs have multiple audio and subtitle tracks. This confuses gotsent. Just use MKVmerge to remux only the video and main audio track back into a new MKV before using gotsent.

after all this you should get some great results.

There are some files that JUST WON'T DISPLAY CORRECTLY on the 360 but this isn't gotsent's fault. It is something to do with the way they are encoded.

#87 Mike4

Mike4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Dangelus @ Dec 12 2007, 03:59 PM) View Post

Is this option in GOTSent? If so, clearly my version (GOTSent_022.exe) is outdated or something, because that is not available for me.

#88 Mike4

Mike4

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE(Dangelus @ Dec 12 2007, 03:59 PM) View Post

Gotsent is a great little package. The problem with it (and I think the developer is working on this) is that there is very little in the way of instructions or a tutorial in how to set it up.

It took me a while to configure it all perfectly but I did it.

1) you must have ac3filter installed to have any hope of it working.
2) you must have ac3filter configured correctly. ie have it set up to output 2ch stereo and handle dts.
3) you must put neroAacEnc.exe in your gotsent folder. you can use 'safe sync' option but that isn't as good and only handle ac3...
5) some MKVs have multiple audio and subtitle tracks. This confuses gotsent. Just use MKVmerge to remux only the video and main audio track back into a new MKV before using gotsent.

after all this you should get some great results.

There are some files that JUST WON'T DISPLAY CORRECTLY on the 360 but this isn't gotsent's fault. It is something to do with the way they are encoded.

You are a lifesaver! My problem was that it appeared to be working, but I just wasn't ending up with file after it was done. It turns out my problem was caused by the ac3filter configuration mentioned in step 2, so the conversion wasn't actually completing (even though it looked like it was). All I had to do was go in and change that 1 setting and then the process worked perfectly. I had already figured out how to do everything step by step from the beginning of this thread, but I am so happy that I can now do it all with one program and cut down on all of those steps.

I skipped step 3 (because I just don't know what neroAacEnc.exe is) and step 4 (I can't find that option anywhere), but I'm on my 3rd video and the first 2 have come out great.

Regarding step 5, I have one suggestion. You mentioned MKVmerge to remux the video, but you didn't mention the fact that you have to actually demux the video first with MKVextract. This may seem obvious, but for a beginner, this is a very crucial step. I bring this up because the OP mentioned demuxing the video with MKVmerge and it took me quite some time to figure out he was referring to the wrong program. In fact, someone else in this thread mentioned that it wasn't working when they pressed the "Start Muxing" button, to which someone replied they were pressing the wrong button. The problem was just that the wrong program was mentioned, so the needed button wasn't there.

I think GOTSent & your tutorial here would be the perfect process for playing mkv files if the instructions provided more detail, screenshots, and links. I wouldn't want to get the credit that you're due, but I would be happy to rewrite this for you (I like doing tutorials; check out this tutorial I wrote for the PS2 memory card exploit a few years ago).

Wouldn't it be great if we could queue up a bunch of files and let it run overnight? wink.gif

#89 wallace4793

wallace4793

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:28 AM

ive tried a few movie samples and all play fine on my pc but have artifacts on the 360. I used the manual mkvextract/beswet/yamb. Im taking it that when they play but have artifacts there is nothing that can be done?

john

#90 eclipsespyder

eclipsespyder

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Dangelus, it's working perfectly now :-)

The problem was also my AC3 Filter, and I didn't had NeroAAc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users