7 replies to this topic

#1 dan72588

dan72588

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

This question has probably been asked a few times, but i did a search before i posted this and all i saw was someone who got banned after softmod. I have the softmod finished, now what exactly should I do not to get banned from xbox live? Just don't use Evox and connect to live? And I'll be fine? thanks

#2 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

I have never personally used Live, but my friend softmodded his Xbox and played on it. He said he got banned from matckmaking (or something like that) in Halo 2, but could still play it online. As long as you don't go on with edited maps/levels/etc. you should be fine.

#3 dan72588

dan72588

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

Alright cool! Well, I have a softmodded xbox and a modded one. My modded one can read burned DVD's, anyway my softmodded xbox can (i tried EVOX DVD on it and it didn't work but worked fine on modded xbox)? Also, how do I upgrade to a bigger hard drive? This is all NEW to me. thanks

Edited by dan72588, 05 September 2007 - 10:38 PM.

#4 dan72588

dan72588

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

So softmodded xbox cannot play burned games? Because my EVOX dashboard doesn't PLUS it has nothing on it compared to my modded xbox! Softmods stink

#5 dan72588

dan72588

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

Sorry for all of the posts, can't figure out how to delete the other ones. Anyway, I went to this site
http://forums.afterd.../203286#3377801
It talked about upgrading a softmodded xbox which is fine, but can that NEW UPGRADED hard drive still play on xbox live or do you need a new eeprom ACCORDING TO that tutorial cuz it did mention putting your eeprom into a special folder or something. thanks again

#6 mysticrider92

mysticrider92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

I don't know about backup games, the softmod should be able to play them, so I don't know what is wrong there. About swapping the hard drive, if you can lock the hard drive, you can upgrade it. The only problem is when you go on Live for the first time, they log your EEPROM and hard drive serial number. If they do not match the ones recorded the first time on Live, you will be banned.

So basically, upgrade the drive before using Live, or get Xlink (free, and works with any mods!!). If you have already been on Live, you will need to change the EEPROM (Zodiiak sells some unbanned ones in the B/S/T forum, and will help you set it up).

Also, I am only telling you what I have heard, it might not be right. I have flashed my TSOP, and use Xlink, so I don't know much about softmods and Live.

#7 dan72588

dan72588

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:33 AM

Ya, I thought I would have to get a new eeprom, Dang It! Oh, and my modded xbox can read backed up games; the problem was that it could not read the Evox 2.7 DVD that I burned or the other Evox DVD for some reason. Idk why though....cuz my HARD modded xbox can

#8 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

the problem was that it could not read the Evox 2.7 DVD that I burned or the other Evox DVD for some reason
most likley the DVD drive in the softmoded xbox can't read that type of disk DVD+R try a DVD-R or vicecersa also burning speed has a lot to do with it, 4X max, 2X best

DVD-R is the most compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users