ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:12 AM

Nope made a new vga port (using your tut) but still get a green screen.

#33 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(ploggy @ Oct 23 2007, 05:48 PM) View Post

Nope made a new vga port (using your tut) but still get a green screen.

Is your XBOX in PAL or NTSC mode? (I.E. was your XBOX originally a PAL machine?)

#34 ploggy

ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:48 AM

It's a pal machine but set to ntsc.

#35 Lezlyte

Lezlyte

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(alexh @ Sep 7 2007, 09:31 AM) View Post

Ndure doesnt suffer from clock problems. Never has.

Okay, explain why on a Ndure softmod install, my box gives error 21 after five hours without power. That's the only reason, the internal clock loses power then, and the dash isn't there to have the re set-up working correctly.

#36 veeper

veeper

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

I haven't been following the updates for quite a while. And when I decided to read the last updates and saw the Frozen VGA cable and the VGA BIOS with Forece480p I just had to get that setup. I really have been waiting for quite some time to finally play everything in progressive mode.

I have a PAL@NTSC 1.1 box, running at 480p and 720p now with a 19'' TFT at a Frozen VGA Cable. It's amazing. Everything, no exception, shows at least in 480p (640x480), including boot flubber.

Observations worth pointing out:

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance PAL used to run only in 50Hz 576i with a normal BIOS, regardless of the region and 60Hz enforcement tricks. Now it runs in 480p, however the image is cut off, as though as the game still tries to output 576 pixels. I am looking for a way to fix that, but that's not going to be something the BIOS could help about.

Soul Calibur 720p didn't run on my TFT, it didn't sync, although the monitor is capable of 1280px. With the VGA BIOS 720p work neatly. The fact that the game is showing black border is not the fault of the BIOS and I guess wouldn't be fixable.

With the VGA BIOS even if the box is in PAL mode all output is 480p. Cute. I basically did that out of curiosity, however if someone wants to go from PAL to VGA and has no display that can handle both it's going to make it much easier if one can be sure to see a VGA image. The colours are randomly off, though and when running Baldur's Gate I even saw the image move off the actual space of the monitor. So it's not useful for playing. Plus, as expected, no higher resolutions will work.

Kudos to Frosty and the other people involved. You did an amazing work.

#37 vorticerosso

vorticerosso

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

Hi,
Is this bios working with an SST 49LF020 LPC Mod V2.0 on an PAL xbox 1.1?
Thanks
VR

#38 BigTinz

BigTinz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:39 AM

Hey all, I've lurked for a while but just decided to register.

I'm having a problem and never heard back from frosty. I have a softmodded ntsc xbox with unleashx. I would like to use it on my widescreen lcd monitor via vga. How can I do this while keeping my current unleashx setup? Also, what is a pbl and should I use that?

pop.gif

#39 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

Supported on Ndure based softmods, Kingroach Ndure 3.1 is your best bet for VGA support. Dash choice like unleashX or Evox is independant of the VGA issue. Search for the threads in the XBE forum.

#40 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

I have no idea if my problem is related to the game Enter The Matrix, or this bios, but I have a VGA problem.
Before someone jumps the gun, I know about the backup tutorials for this game and I can assure, this IS NOT my issue.

Some specs:

Xbox Version 1.4
Xenium Blue
X2 5035 - Bank 1 and X2 5035 VGA - Bank 2 (Default)

The Problem.
When I try to play this game in VGA mode, I get no picture but I can hear the game.
I pop in a different game (Timesplitters 2) to verify my VGA settings are good and that game play normally.

Notes:
I backed up this game to my HD with no problem. (PLAYS in 480i with Non-VGA Bios loaded, IGR off)
I burned this game to DVD with no problem (PLAYS in 480i with Non-VGA Bios loaded, IGR off)
I did try to play this game with 1080i OFF, and with it ON in MS dash, media center, and unleash, with same results.
I did get the video to display ONE TIME, but the screen was all green.
I didn't see ETM on any of the lists that I found of "Green Screen" games.
I did a forum search and came up with fixes relating to back-up errors only.
I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else and I missed it.

Some Questions:
Does/Can this bios force a GPU reset??
Anybody know if this is a bios bug or game bug or what?

This is really bugging me. I hate TV resolution now so I need to get this crappy game working. I never finished it because someone stole it about a year ago and I just got it back. biggrin.gif

#41 run088

run088

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Interests:rebuilding broken xboxes

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

This bios forces 480p and it works in 2+3 mode and 2+3 is the high def signal.This could be the problem.Try ind vga because it runs 1+3 out of 480i.It will require a rewire of your vga cord to 1+3 instead of 2+3 if your using the cord method or a rewire to the mobo to 1+3 if you did it internally.

If you run linux out of vga your going to need the 1+3 mode as well if not the colors are off.

If you try to run this bios in 1+3 it will stick at the big x and will do nothing else.
If you try to run ind bios in the 2+3 it will stick at the big x and will do nothing else.

#42 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

Ok, thanks run, I am on it.

#43 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

No good. I tried the iND-bios (assuming you meant ind-bios.5001.06.vga.bfm.b1-junkmonkey) and same results. Changing the mode to 1+3, I can see the flubber screen and my dash loads.
So, I pop the game in and reboot, booting into the game. I hear the game but still no picture.

Is there a newer version of this bios maybe?

I didn't want to patch the iND 5003 with frosty's VGA Patcher cus I figured that would skew my results. So....

Any other Ideas??

#44 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

UPDATE: I got the game Enter the Matrix to play at 1080i, FINALLY, but not using a VGA bios.

Year old topic, I know, but there is SOME useful info here. biggrin.gif

My Sync On Green monitor died a few months ago up until a few weeks ago, I have been stuck with playing my xbox at TV res. I know, sad.

My bro upgraded his old CRT HD TV (the TV in my sig, although I suspect it doesn't support 720p as previously thought) to an LCD HD TV and donated his old one to me.

I had this TV in my possession for about 3 days before it dawned on me that I still had an unresolved issue with this game. So I quickly threw together a VGA to component cable and fired up the game. HA HA! It works no problem, and it looks great. So yea, the issue (green or black picture and no apparent fix) with that game only exists while using a VGA bios. HD works fine.

BTW, I am keeping the old SOG monitor around because I plan on having it repaired (flyback transformer died) some day when I can afford it.

Thanks for the help guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users