Photo

Flashing A Second Dvdrom Drive (for Xbl Purposed)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

I would think this would be possible, but I thought I would just see what everyone else thought of this...

Would it be possible to pick up a second dvdrom drive and flash it with a hacked firmware (using the dvd key obtained from the original dvdrom drive). Then whenever a person wanted to play Xbox Live, they could swap dvdrom drives (I know... a pain in the a$$... but it's a request) and throw the original drive back in the 360.

The reason I ask is because I believe the current firmwares (iXtreme in this 360's case) are okay on XBL for now... but who knows down the road - as we've seen in the past.

Thanks

#2 300zxjake

300zxjake

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:27 PM

that is currently what i am doing but you might be interested in this http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4103374

#3 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:38 PM

Thanks... I figured it would work, but I thought I would just confirm - in case there was something I was missing.

The TightMod is another option... but I don't think I'm going to go that route.

Thanks again!

#4 twistednailsofv

twistednailsofv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

um... no one really knows why people were being banned... check the pinned notes from at the start of the forum.

but one make sure you get similar drives or one that can be spoofed to the original, second the new iXtreme 1.2c is the safest it can get, the major diff between this and older versions of C4E's Xtreme FW, is that it DIDN'T have strict enforcement of all securities, it was basically as long as you have a somewhat valid SS and working data partition thn it would boot, but if M$ initiated a hash check/verification and it came back as wrong, then they figure its a fake...

iXtreme takes every precaution possible in order to meet or beat the standards possibly used or can or could be implemented by M$ to check the disc...

Older Xtreme's are now from retrospect had the security measures to protect people but it wasn't strictly enforced, rather it was up to the end-user to decide whether or not to actually follow the guidelines of a proper stealth backup. If it wasn't properly made then the FW would use it's "universal" stealth inorder to bypass the supposed checks... but we know better now

i'd just stick with iXtreme... verifyall backups with xDVDmulleter Beta 10, and MAKE SURE EVERY BACKUP PASSES THE ALL DISC CHECKS!

it would be silly and risky to keep constantly switching drives.. as your XBOX360 keeps a log of all differences in the system... if your not carefully, you could be causing more to ban then you think...

#5 Evil Ryu

Evil Ryu

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the info twistednailsofv. Excellent reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users