• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:25 AM

Pachter: Xbox 360 Bounces Back in August US Sales
Posted by XanTium | September 8 00:25 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From biz.gamedaily.com:

After sluggish sales in July for the Xbox 360, analyst Michael Pachter believes the console's numbers jumped back up in August thanks to the price cuts. Additionally, he is now anticipating the PS3 to come down to $399 no later than next April.

Ahead of the August video game sales data from The NPD Group, expected next Thursday (September 13), Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter has issued his own preview for the month, which predicts that the Xbox 360 bounced back from its 170K July showing with 240K units sold in August.
He believes PS3 sales dipped slightly, down to 150K, while the Wii sold 420K. If his forecast proves true, the 360 managed to outsell the PS2, which he thinks sold around 225K.

Full Story: biz.gamedaily.com

#2 sinister slipknot

sinister slipknot

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

I dont get how people are still buying so many PS2s, everyone must have atleast 2 at this rate.

#3 xboxgamer999

xboxgamer999

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

I don't know either, but figure that it's not a bad deal when you look at it and see that it's been modable for the last five to six years. And last I've heard they plan to support it for the next four years, not to mention the fact that by the end of the year it well probably have an other price cut. It's an ideal console to get if your a first time gamer.

Edited by xboxgamer999, 08 September 2007 - 02:29 PM.

#4 Tiuk

Tiuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, not to mention the ridiculously huge library of cheap games.

#5 iwanttheagrocrag

iwanttheagrocrag

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:SMC hacking, TSOP, (Offline) game modification, Case modification, Bacon, America, Monster trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

maybe now the morons will wake up and drop the 360 the the right price because buy my count the elite is still over priced buy $50, it does have a 120gb. and the core is still overpriced buy $70. thats pretty awsome that sony is being ultra competitive maybe the ms morons will actually do something since pos3 has been out olny a year before its already dropped $200 and the 360 has dropped a whopping $25 to $50 whole dollars after being out more that 2 years. actualy im done specualting wich one is winning the markieting war that just pretty much proved that MS @#$%ed up big in marketing.
But on a flip note pos3 doesnt have all the stuff that real gamers love so boo on you for No skins, removable hdd, the choice weather or not to buy a bigger hdd and a hd dvd and wireless, achivements, no dashboard skins, hopefully they have sometype of frind messaging system but there noway its better that the 360s friend system, pos3 prolly dont got anything like trueskill matchmaking. and if you can stream crap off you computer that suck too cuz with that you can have any dashboard background. oh yea tell me when the get more that 3 decent titles, that crappy 3rd person shooter with the snow doesnt even close to count as a good game.

#6 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(sinister slipknot @ Sep 8 2007, 04:23 AM) View Post

I dont get how people are still buying so many PS2s, everyone must have atleast 2 at this rate.

Maybe 3 or 4 even. I don't understand how a console with no future, thanks in part to being non HD and the PS3 and Xbox 360 being out, can be so hot.

#7 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:45 PM

I think it's down to a number of things. The cheap games available on the PS2; the slimline version of the console is appealing to people with large versions to save space; guitar hero 2; the final fantasy series is still PS2 exclusive bar XI. Maybe this is also due to people wanting to relive old games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 or other very popular classic games. PS2 definately has software on its side.

#8 thund3rcat

thund3rcat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Sep 9 2007, 10:39 PM) View Post

Maybe 3 or 4 even. I don't understand how a console with no future, thanks in part to being non HD and the PS3 and Xbox 360 being out, can be so hot.

Because it still has better games than the 360 and ps3 combined...

#9 g8crapachino

g8crapachino

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:12 AM

You guys are commenting and arguing over the statements made by an analysis.
An analysis is guy who get's paid to guess the future. He's as accurate as the lady at a Carnival with a crystal ball. jester.gif

#10 CKwik240

CKwik240

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Sep 9 2007, 09:02 AM) View Post

maybe now the morons will wake up and drop the 360 the the right price because buy my count the elite is still over priced buy $50, it does have a 120gb. and the core is still overpriced buy $70. thats pretty awsome that sony is being ultra competitive maybe the ms morons will actually do something since pos3 has been out olny a year before its already dropped $200 and the 360 has dropped a whopping $25 to $50 whole dollars after being out more that 2 years. actualy im done specualting wich one is winning the markieting war that just pretty much proved that MS @#$%ed up big in marketing.

Do you even understand what marketting is? Or are you just throwing the term around so it sounds like you know what you're taling about? Based on overall sales, it would appear MS is marketting their product better than Sony. The PS3 needed a price drop to compete. And even then it appears it may not be enough. MS selling with higher numbers for so long without a price drop speaks more highly of MS marketting. And as long as sales are where they want it, they will keep the price steady until they feel it is the right time.

#11 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

Do you even understand what marketting is? Or are you just throwing the term around so it sounds like you know what you're taling about? Based on overall sales, it would appear MS is marketting their product better than Sony.

The real facts are
360 is cheaper for initial purchase
360 has more games.
A big factor is also the amount of multiple purchases by one person (See relevant thread in this section)
People will always be swung by price but there is a limit to how far prices should drop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users