Photo

Do You Have A Hd Dvd Player?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you have a HD DVD Player?

Do you have a HD DVD Player?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 darth_jarret

darth_jarret

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:48 AM

I loved my 360 HD DVD player, then i went to college and i couldnt take the 65in rear proj dlp with me. I tried very hard though. smile.gif

#17 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

I don't have one, sure they are pretty, but on my 19" HDTV I really can't tell enough of a difference between DVD and HD DVD to make me want to spend the money.

#18 JCDenton@AS

JCDenton@AS

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Games/Games design.<br />Console modding.
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Not got one yet but now i see that Hd-dvd is pulling ahead of overpriced and pointless blueray im going to buy one and back it.

#19 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

looks like the NO is almost got 65percent of the votes which is what i voted for was NO wink.gif

cause right now im happy enough with standard dvd cause me personally i dont have a hdtv in my room even though we have a projection HDTV 1080i in the main room i almost never use it and it's image quality aint that great to begin with.

but if i where going to get a hd-dvd player i would most likely NOT get the 360 add on cause even though it's much cheaper than a standalone player you just never know when your 360 is going to die cause of all the 3rlod issues plus my 360 is loud as crap cause of the Nyko Intercooler EX i have on it... so to sum it up ill never buy a hd-dvd addon device for the 360 even if i had a top of the line HDTV.

looks like theres alot of smart people based on the results of the poll.

p.s. and also, theres no clear winner in the format war yet anyways so it's wise to stay clear of either format until i got a clear winner.... but if i was super rich i would probably buy both blu-ray/hd-dvd just cause even if it's slightly better than standard dvd you might as well get it if you can afford it... but for the average joe... dont bother with either hd-dvd or blu-ray til theres a clear winner... but one thing i dont like is this "exclusive" crap that either format tries to do with certain movies, which sucks if you ask me cause it sorta forces you to get both formats especially if a movie you really want is on the format that you dont have.

Edited by ThaCrip, 11 September 2007 - 06:05 PM.

#20 tummybanana

tummybanana

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Unregistered007 @ Sep 10 2007, 02:43 PM) View Post

I have a PS3 no need for xbox360 hd dvd or a stand alone hd dvd. I hear the xbox hd dvd drive suck balls.. is that true ?

by sucks balls do you mean gives a fantastic picture at a great price?...or is this just a personal dislike of ms for you?

#21 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:12 AM

Guys, if you're stupid enough to publicly admit to pirating, you will lose your account. It's as simple as that.

So, to those who value their memberships, keep all further posts in this thread on-topic, and be sure that they do not conflict with any site rules. Otherwise, you will be penalized accordingly.

#22 UltimateNinja9

UltimateNinja9

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

I'd get one if HD DVD wasn't losing to Bluray.

#23 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:11 AM

No HDTV yet so no HD-DVD. Even when I do get a HD TV I doubt I'll bother with a HD player. DVD is good enough for me and I don't fancy wasting my money re-buying films I already own just to watch them again in (overpriced) HD.

#24 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:02 AM

with just buying a house and a new car a few months back, jumping on one bandwagon would be pricy now, i want a ps3 bad and if i was to go HD-DVD i would prefer standalone as a Standalone will probaly sit in my entertainment System longer then the add-on, but what i really want is one of them dual format players, so i don't get screwed to just one format, can buy exclusive from both sides an let the fuckers fight it to the death, no worries that way

#25 XmentalX

XmentalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

i got the hd dvd addon for my 360 on clearance at wal-crap i use it plugged into my pc more then anything its nice to be able to watch hd dvds, although only on a 20" widescreen it still looks nice and crisp sitting up close and personal, if i feel like kicking back then i setup my projector and watch them through it, although only 1080i i cant see a difference

#26 chuckthefuk

chuckthefuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Ripping off M$ since 1988

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:06 PM

no.. and i don't plan to buy one for a few years.

#27 aceboomer

aceboomer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:10 AM

i have both blu-ray and hd-dvd. i stopped buying blu-ray movies. they appear flat (like there is a lack of sharpness in the encoding). both are hooked to the same tv running through hdmi. the only thing i can say about the ps3, since its my blu-ray player, is it does have the uncompressed audio out, which is nice. other than that, i still prefer hd-dvd in the end, as its all about the picture quality.

#28 chane2k1

chane2k1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

to the guy above, it's not all about the video quality (format neutral studios use same video encode for both formats), for me sound is a very big deal and after hearing HD Audio all others are no comparison. I had the 360 HD DVD addon for about a week but without the future ability to output hd audio formats due to the lack of hdmi 1.3 on my 360 elite I decided to return it. Besides they only come in white and it looks ugly next to my black 360. I'll buy a stand alone when they're priced bellow $200. I have a PS3 and im format neutral for the moment but I prefer blu-ray of the two, i feel better about them having a mandatory hard coat especially since I had an HD DVD come scratched from an un opened package.

Edited by chane2k1, 14 September 2007 - 08:30 PM.

#29 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:16 PM

I would have liked to see Blu-Ray win (I am anti-Sony even), but it will be Hd-dvd if anything. DVD will be the standard though for now. But I could possibly see both formats stickin' around....

#30 AirRage

AirRage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:44 PM

using PowerDVD Ultra to play my HD files on PC on my HD Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users