Photo

Do You Have A Hd Dvd Player?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you have a HD DVD Player?

Do you have a HD DVD Player?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:09 PM

Since my last post on this topic I've bought myself a nice HD monitor so I've been looking into buying a HD DVD player. At the moment I could pick up the Xbox 360 HD player for 109 + get 5 free movies with it so I'm very tempted!. Although, I was surprised at how expensive some of the movies cost to buy which puts me off a little. I saw Smokin' Aces on play.com for 28! ohmy.gif total rip off!!.

#62 SO_JAM

SO_JAM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE(brendon7800 @ Sep 10 2007, 02:50 PM) View Post

I just got the XBox360 HD DVD add on player. It's nice to be able to compare side by side the quality of HD vs DVD (and my TV isn't even a really nice HDTV, but the results are astoundingly different) The movie 300 has HD-DVD on one side and standard DVD on the other and I watched a fight scene in HD and then fliped the disk over to HD and it was like the difference between night and day!

Also I plan to backup my HD DVD collection with HD WMVs and stream them to my 360 when I want to watch them.

Right now the process for converting/transcoding is a little messy and you REALLY need to know what you're doing, but it can be done. And someday someone will make an all-in-one program that's one click away from what you want. But for now people have to do it "the hard way"

If you already have the films on HD-DVD, why the frigg are you making work for your self by backing them up to a NAS or PC that needs at least a TB to be worth the effort?

Effort City and there is only one mayor = You

#63 stezo2k

stezo2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

I'm still waiting for my 5 free hd-dvds to come through the post before i can use mine. cant wait though biggrin.gif

#64 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

Yes I have one, had it for about a month, given up waiting for my 5 free UK movies so I bought shaun of the dead HD-DVD. Hopefully get Transformers near Xmas..Be nice if I get my 5 free movies though.

#65 zerowizard

zerowizard

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Xbox, and computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

Glad I didn't buy one! wink.gif

#66 Erfan223

Erfan223

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

Whats the point of having it when hd movies arent developed anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users