The original tutorial : http://gueux-forum.n...howtopic=167835
Sorry for english.
If you insert a DVD of another area that your xbox360, here the message that you see on TV :
Play Asia list of compatibility and region : http://www.play-asia.com...
All region of the dvd :
- PAL : région européenne
- NTSC/J : région asiatique /japonaise
- NTSC-U/C : région américaine
- NTSC/Kor : région koréenne
For the demo, we will modify a PAL xbox360 to a NTSC/J xbox360.
You need in hardware :
- a xbox 360 : PAL for the demonstration.
- a Infectus modchip
- a PC with XP
You need in software :
- the Infectus Programmer v.0.0.3.4d : here.
- a hexadecimal editor (hex workshop for example)
- Flashtool 0.81
- the NAND.bin file
- the1BL.bin file
- the FUSES.bin file
- a game of another region than your xbox360 : here NTSC/J
The 3 last files can get with this tutorial : http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=621052
For change the xbox360 region, we must patch theNAND.bin files with the KV.bin file (keyvault).
To have the KV.bin file, you need the CPUkey, Flashtool and the NAND.bin.
To patch the NAND.bin by the KV.bin files, you need the 1BLkey.
A/How to have the CPUkey :
See the A part of this tutorial.
B/How to have the 1BLkey :
See the B part of this tutorial.
C/Keyvault creation, KV.bin :
See the C part of this tutorial.
D/KV.bin modification :
The region code is in the KV.BIN.
The region code is for :
- PAL : 02FE
- NTSC/J : 01FF
- NTSC-U/C : 00FF
- NTSC/KOR : 01FC
-Open KV.BIN file with your hexadecimal editor and Goto offset B8
The 2 offsets are in B8 et B9 .
- Change the offsets 02FE by 01FF.
- Save the modification of KV.bin.
Now the KV.bin file is ready for the nand.bin patch.
E/NAND.bin patch :
- Open Flashtool :
- Choose Patch
- Cross Patch Keyvault and press Browse...
- Choose the KV.bin file and OK. Save the new NAND in NANDNTSCJ.bin.
It's OK. The nand is patched and his name is NANDNTSCJ.bin.
F/ Flash the motherboard :
See the F part of this tutorial but select NANDNTSCJ.bin at write moment.
Test your modification with your NTSC/J game.
Thanks to :
SeventhSon , robinsod, uberfry and oranginasprite for their assistances, bonx, and tkid........a to lend his NTSC/J game.
Edited by zouzzz, 10 September 2007 - 05:45 PM.