Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:50 AM

didn't see this posted yet, so figured i'd point out that during the no surrender ppv, they had a promo video stating that impact is going to be a 2 hour show starting in october. (i think it said the 9th). this is huge news as it doubles the tv time they get every week. i personally can't wait smile.gif

(i just wish they would stop putting commercial breaks in the middle of the match resulting in missing pieces, its not a live show, so if you MUST put a commercial mid match, just start after the commercial right where it left off. i hate missing a huge momentum shift and wondering wtf happened during break)

#2 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

That commercial break thing started with WCW. Used to annoy the hell out of me, but I don't watch much wrestling anymore so I don't give a damn.

I can remember back in the day (before the WWE Attitude era) when commercial breaks were done before or after a match. . . usually they took breaks after a locker room interview by Gene Okerlund. Ahhh. . . memories. smile.gif

EDIT: Now that I've had time to think about it. . . I actually first saw mid-match commercial breaks on Saturday Night's Main Event. Considering it was supposed to be a live show, they took commercial breaks during the matches.

The only times previous to that I remember it being done was during 60 minute time limit matches that were aired on TNT (Tuesday Night Titans). They'd take breaks when there was a lull in the action.

Edited by Alex548, 12 September 2007 - 10:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users